Power supply

Username: Allemanmatt

Post Number: 1
hi i had some low power setup before but now i have two cerwin vega stroker pro 12's and two orion 2500d amps and i was wondering how to power without replacing alternator and if i bought a stinger battery or any kind of high power battery (if you have suggestions please say them) and put it in my trunk how would i wire them up and would that be enough power for two amps? any help is appreciated

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, MI USA

Post Number: 12356
http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/charging.html

There is no replacement for a high output alternator. The battery is only there to start your car engine, not to supply current when the car is running. At that time, the battery is in a recharging state.

Get smaller amps and go back to the low power system if you can't supply an adequate charging system to power the amplifiers. Otherwise you'll just clip the amps and burn out the coils, and possibly damage the electronics in the car.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9522
^^^ what he said

There ain't no way you're gonna run 5000w rms of power without a HO alt AND high power battery.

Username: Allemanmatt

Post Number: 2
ok what brand of HO alternator and High power battery would you suggest

Username: Thunderkat

Post Number: 5
excessive amperage is the best 4 bolt on ap.in my opinon plus great prices.they start at about 225amps to 2+ 4 bolt on[thats remove old alt replace in stock braket and plug]but they have them up to 350amps.really worth a look to save amps cliping is very bad!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9602
Stay FAR away from EA and iraggi. Story after story about problems with those two.

DB Electrical, MCR, and mechman are the best alternator companies out there right now.

For batteries there are a lot of good ones but odyssey is what I have found to be the best. Any heavy duty battery other than optima really.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us