Left component keeps cutting out.

Silver Member
Username: Mark872

2 Type X 12s, Hughes S..., Texas

Post Number: 328
I have some Tempo 6's running off a Sundown 125.2. They've been great untill today. My left component in my door cuts in and out when i turn the volume to around 65%,which is what i normally listen to it at. At lower levels it sounds fine. I only have the gain on my amp at around 55%. I got it installed at an audio shop and haven't touched anything. I went 80 miles out of the way to take it to them, so i really dont wanna have to drive all the way back if its somthing i can fix. Yesterday i had to slam on my breaks real hard and maybe have moved some stuff around, i dont know.

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 171
only time i had a problem like that the pre outs on my HU burnned up

Silver Member
Username: Mark872

2 Type X 12s, Hughes S..., Texas

Post Number: 329
Well i just found out thats its just the tweeter thats cutting out. Ive only had both the CD player and Componenets for a couple of weeks

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 183
the crossover maybe

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2622
Could be a cold solder joint either on the tweeters themselves (where the wire connects to them) or on the crossovers.

I'd troubleshoot it by moving the tweeter around while music is playing to see if it cuts on/off then. If not, direct connect the tweeter to one of the amps channels and see if it cuts out then. If it doesn't at all, it is most likely the crossover.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9521
It is most likely the tweeter, crossover, or wiring.... you can switch the left and right crossovers to check that. Run a temp wire to check that. Failing that, switch the tweeters.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us