Help with a bandpass box

Silver Member
Username: Liqdfire3

Ft. myers, Fl

Post Number: 279
ok guys. i am going to do a blowthrough in my truck but i want to do minimal cutting. i have seen a few that have a 12x12 port through the cab. so i think this would be my best bet. i have made quite a few slot ported boxes and some with flared ports but, never a bandpass. so what i need help on is the actual calculations of the enclosure and what cu.ft. should be of the sealed and ported parts of the enclosure. the box will be for four type r 12's on two rockford 1000-1bd's. so if anyone can give me some two cents on enclosure design would be awesome. i have done several of the free box calculators on the web but most of them arent clear on doing multiple sub setups.

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 869
eh good luck mate, if no one chimes in then go to fishers or woodlawn and give them the dims you have and let them put together a design for you and a cut out sheet its lik 20-30 bucks for the design but its worth it :D

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1656
You could go to Barnes and Nobles and get the 'Car Stereo Cookbook.' Or google it. If I remember it covers 4th and 6th order bandpass boxes and how to calculate them. Best luck.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1657
http://www.diysubwoofers.org/bnd/4thorder.htm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us