I GOT A QUESTION

Username: 99deville

Post Number: 1
OK I GOT 2 10 RF T1 WITH A 3600 WATTS AMP ON A 99 DEVILLE AND I GOT THIS Q LOGIC SUBS BOX {IMG}http://www.qlogicenclosures.com/images/category/medium/4590.jpg{/IMG}MY QUESTION IS WHEN I TURNED IT UP IT BUMP INSIDE PRETTY HARD BUT THAT OUT SIDE NOT THAT MUCH WHAT CAN I DO TO GET MY SYSTEM LOUDER

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7208
What amp?

Big trunk cars contain sound very well, it is hard to make it heard outside. A better box will help though.

Post Number: 2
I GOT A KONAKI AMP

KO-3621D

Ch
D
4 Ohm RMS
1000W
2 Ohm RMS
Mono Rms
Max Power

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1618
what is it wired to? why do you want it to be louder outside? thats losing spl and well just obnoxious and gives us a bad name

Post Number: 3
what you mean what it's wired to ?

and i want it to be louder out side cuz i like to be heard when i come if you know what im saying

Post Number: 4
o yea and i got another question when i turned it up to like 22 and its bumping pretty hard my deck turns off can someboy help me with this problem

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

NW, MI USA

Post Number: 12295
you don't WANT the system louder outside the vehicle.. well, unless your goal is simply to be a douchebag and annoy the neighbors.
My point is this: Sound is energy. The more energy you lose by resonating metal and getting the sound outside the car, the less energy will be translated into the sound inside the car.
This is why we use sound damping materials, and try to keep the sound inside the car.. it's all about efficiency.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2180
I, as well as many bassaholics spend A LOT of money and time to keep the bass inside the vehicle... If you have a decent system than it will still be heard from a distance.

simply put- the more you hear outside of the vehicle the more you are losing inside of the vehicle.

just roll down the window if you must annoy others.

Platinum Member

NW, MI USA

Post Number: 12302
On a related note, Richard Clark's Grand National (yes, you know the one. Orange Speaker Works GN, only car to ever go undefeated in IASCA pro class) was deafening inside the car.
Outside, standing by it, you couldn't even tell the system was on.

It was amazing.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2181
as for the enclosure, I would recommend having a box built to specs for the T1's (not a prefab).

Also need to know what voice coil configuration the current subs have and how they are wired to your current amp.

FYI. max wattage ratings mean nothing as far as rated amplifier power.

As far as deck cutting off. probably a bad connection somewhere in the wiring.

Do you have any electrical upgrades done to your ride... That is a lot of power to run on stock charging and wiring.

Post Number: 5
na i dont got no upgrade electrical system is just a stock electrical system

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19648
"and i want it to be louder out side cuz i like to be heard when i come if you know what im saying"

Not to make an example out of your post but that mentality reminds me of the retards who drill exhaust pipes on their cycles to be "heard" farther away. What they don't realize is that they are sacrificing performance for the "look at me" attitude. There are engineers who get paid quite well to design a system, be it car audio or automotive, that get their work tossed aside by those who simply don't care.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1652
Can you try to type in complete sentences so I can understand you?

Chances are you are dropping your voltage so low it's making your cd player shut off. Get a better alternator or add another battery. I would try Mechman alternators or replacing your factory battery with a nice one like powermaster or kinetik or many others, then add a second.

If you make your vehicle louder- it'll be heard from farther away if you add no sound deadener. I would start by upgrading your electrical system so you can take advantage of all the power you can from the amp. Then get a better box made. Good luck

Platinum Member

NW, MI USA

Post Number: 12316
buy a convertible.
that will solve your problem.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6146
lmao @ glass..

with a convertible you won't need to mount tweeters in your grill either heh

Bronze Member
Username: Joe_mustard

Huntsville, Alabama United States

Post Number: 26
You need to re-ground your deck or buy some electrical upgrades so it won't shot off, Buy a new battery and get a HO alternator if that doesn't fix the problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us