2 12" RE SE box designs

Bronze Member
Username: Skateguy92

Post Number: 53
I have them in a 2.3 cube each tuned to 35hz... I had this box built for me at a stereo shop because it is all custom molded but it doesnt have much port area. I usually make my own box but I dont think this box is for my taste anymore.

I need a good new design. I still need to do measurments but I have an expedition, I have a good amount of room to work with.

Im thinking 2 or 2.2 cubes tunes to 32-33hz each. I like the low clean bass, right now its kind of punchy and what seems to be tuned too high.

Any input is appreciated, I know a few of you have these woofers.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6094
make it common chamber.. 4 cubes after displacement tuned to 34hz with 64 square inches of port

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
Well nevermind, my SE's just blew with less than a few hours play time on 750rms (if im lucky its hifonics) each.

I know one is blown for sure, havnt had a chance to check the other.

Either I got a bad run of woofers, or I got had and bought a bad woofer from a member on here... but im not sure so no names.

If I do decide to get more SE's where should I get them at? And thanks for the box idea, that sounds like a pretty good bet, ill have to try it.

Bronze Member
Username: That_guy_u_dont_know

Kaplan, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 67
try www.reaudio.com

they seem to have them on there buy your stuff new man u get a warranty with them

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
You cant order from them directly anymore. Or if you can the price is waaaaay high. Thank you though.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6097
eBay

Bronze Member
Username: Brewzky

Post Number: 43
mobile soundworks has great prices on the RE SX. Just bought an RE SX 15 for $300 shipped they also make ported boxes based off of the specs for the RE SX.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
I just bought a RE SX 15 from Mobile Soundworks for a good price. They also make solid boxes based off of the specs for the RE SX.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Sorry didn't mean to post twice

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
Well I thought the woofers were blown but I got them out of the box and they are still good. Im not quite sure what made them shut off the other night.

Im trying to design that box you mentioned earlier at the moment. I hope it gives me the performance im looking for from these SE's. I was kind of disappointed at first but I think a new box will fix that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us