Amp to tweeters?

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1576
im FINALLY about to install my comps (cdt es 62-i's) and was wondering if i could run a small amp to the tweets or if im better just to run them off the HU?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9428
Oh man. That question itself shows you don't know how to install an active crossover system.

All speakers need to be powered by an amplifier. A 4 ch is the simpliest way. Then you need an active crossover installed before the amp.

And then you have to know how to tune it or say goodbye to those tweeters.

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1579
ya im having it installed i DONT know how to do it. i have an old clarion amp that is small i wanted to use it and then i have a 2 chanel for the comps

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1580
here are the specs

The specs are as follows.
Maximum Power Output: 100W (50W/channel)
Continuous Average Power Output: 30W/channel into 4 ohms
Frequency Response: 10-50 Hz
Signal to Noise Ration: 105 dB or better
Input Sesitivity: 200 mV - 4 V
Current Consumption: 8 amps
Speaker Load Capacity: 2 ohms
Dimensions: 226mm W x 53mm H x 142mm L

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9430
That will work, just enough power for tweeters. just make sure whoevers installing it knows wtf they're doing.

And do you have a crossover yet? You need an active one to send low pass to mids amp and high pass to tweeter amp. And the set HPF on the mids amp to block out bass, or on the xover if it has that. A 3-way xover is ideal for this, it will connect to sub, mid, and tweeter amps and handle all crossover functions.

And you have to find out the right xover frequencey to set for your speficic components.....

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2568
When you say "comps", what do you mean? The component system is made up of the mid woofers and the tweeters in this case.

"Frequency Response: 10-50 Hz"
Waaap waaaap waaaaap waahwahwahwah

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9431
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=1259

There is a top of the line model. But there are some other decent brands that make them for less. Just don't get a crap brand.

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1581
they came with xovers i assume they are for the tweets and mids go to amp directly?

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9432
" The component system is made up of the mid woofers and the tweeters in this case. "

No really

You have to find the correct frequencey to crossover sound between the mid and tweeter.

Frequency Response: 10-50 Hz

Has to be a typo... what model amp

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1582
does it matter where i mount the xovers? like do they need to be as close as possible to the speaker im mounting everthing and runing the power just having him wire it to the correct ohms and tune it in thanks for the help

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9433
Lets try this again.

Whats included are PASSIVE crossovers. If you use those you can only connect everything to ONE AMP.

Running the mid and tweeter on seperate amps requires an ACTIVE crossover which I just showed you. The passive ones are not used in that case.

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1583
clarion apa2061 my neighbor works on cars and got it from someone i think it came out of an old bmw if im not mistaken

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1584
oh i see what your saying

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2570
LOL whatever, MS. It sounded like he figured the mid-woofers alone were the components. Some have 6 drivers so I had to distinguish this situation.

Well yeah it definitely does sound like that's a typo. The only other specs I found said the same 10-50 Hz though. Strange.

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1585
must be a small sub amp

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 11126
"must be a small sub amp"

Nahh. My rainbow amp has a 10hz-50k frequency range. Thats what your 10-50 means. Thats a good thing if those stats are correct for your amp.

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1586
good to hear
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us