OT- Give me some info on some cars!!!

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1961
How's everyone doing?

I'm looking at getting a new (used) vehicle and so far I like the looks and style of the Nissan 350Z and the Infiniti G3G.

I can get an 04/05 350Z for around $19k (CDN mind you) or a 04/05 G34 for around $20-25k. BEither or would be around the 40-80,000Km mark for mileage.

I have only seen these cars, never driven them but I have been looking at them for quite a while now.

I really like the front end of the G35 and rear of the 350Z, I like the fact that the 350Z is a hatch (could care less about rear passengers) and I really like the interior on the G35 as it's mucho classy.

and of course I would be dropping in some stereo (2x15" Alphas~34hz, 5750.1, ho alt maybe dual, sexy front end speakers...etc)

Whats your guys thoughts on the topicat hand?

Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

RE MT 15 VFL 200.1 , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1856
350z is really fun to drive and its a hatch so should be easy to get loud.. those 2 15's will probably not fit and you will have no cargo room with a system

if its a fun car id get the 350.. but if its your daily car go with the g35

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3057
if budget weren't an issue, i would get the g35 in a second, i love those cars and infiniti's interior >>>>>> nissans...

also, i'm guessing to keep it in the price range, the infiniti would have to have like 80000 km which, correct me if im wrong, is like 50k miles. i wouldn't hesitate to buy a nissan or an infiniti with 50k miles. recently, nissan and infiniti have been making some of the best bang for the buck, high quality, reliable, strong cars.

i'm no mechanic, but my suggestion: inifiniti

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1962
@Mike

I have no cargo room as is in my current car becuase of my stereo :D

Well right now I drive a 94 Saturn SC2 so either of these two cars would be a huge step up!

Here is an Infiniti I am looking at (locally)

http://classifieds.castanet.net/showproduct.php/product/355778/cat/30

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1964
Here is the 350Z:

http://classifieds.castanet.net/showproduct.php/product/341918/cat/30

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Http://lowdo... Join My User...

Post Number: 10960
I've driven the G35 multiple times and it is a sweet car to drive. Neither car will support 2 15"s unless you take the back seat out of the G35 which would be lame to do in that car.

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1965
Maybe a single 15" then....lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1859
if cargo room is no issue i would definitely get the 350z.. its alot more fun to drive and if you learn how to drift its awesome

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9157
G35 for sure! Looks so much better in my opinion.

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 978
G35>>>350Z

Gold Member

Post Number: 1860
I'd rather have the faster car and $5k IMO

both cars look good

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9160

quote:

I'd rather have the faster car and $5k IMO

both cars look good

If I recall corrected the 350 is barely faster.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1741
get the g37 lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1861
the 350 is about 4-500lbs lighter, has better handling and im pretty sure the same engine

Silver Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Omaha/council bluffs, Iowa

Post Number: 782
g35 for sure

Bronze Member
Username: Will4992

NC

Post Number: 49
I love my 350z. It is a very fun car to drive. My best friend has a supercharged G35 and it is also very fun to drive and a very nice car. I have to say I like the looks of mine better which is the same color scheme as the one you are looking at. The two cars drive very differently though. My car feels more like a racecar and his feels more like a very good handling luxury car. I've had the car for 6 months and have had no problems. The fact that it is a 2 seater becomes an issue sometimes though. Obviously, I would go for the 350z, but they are both great sports cars.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1862
"The two cars drive very differently though. My car feels more like a racecar and his feels more like a very good handling luxury car."

exactly what ive been trying to say..

Bronze Member
Username: Will4992

NC

Post Number: 50
Here's a pic from when i got mine and yes i know i needed to cut the grass.Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1864
Upload

my friends 04' w/55000 miles

he got it for 16.5k

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6103
Good luck getting 15s into it..

and on another note.. why add that much weight to a sports car shooting for SPL? just trying to make a slow car slower with weight :-(

Bronze Member
Username: Semperfi

Post Number: 69
i'd get the Z over the G35, Hatch>>> trunk

and the Z will be lower on insurance;-)

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM REVOLUTION Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 446
how about two 12's

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1966
After looking into it, turns out I wont be getting either :-(

GF and I talked and we don't really need a fancy /-\ss car, still live in a town house...lol

Going to go look @ an 07 Civic Si Coupe with 15,000km on it as it has 197hp and insane gas mileage when compared to any of the above cars.

Hopefully the trunk can handle 2x15's....lol

Not going SPL this time around, just loud daily as I will be tuning to around 33-35hz instead of 47hz :-)

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6118
You can be loud with 12s.. I would not suggest 15s.. Besides loosing the space and your rear seat becoming your new trunk..

weight... especially in a small car.. it kills.... you have to get fancy when trying to mount the amps or extra batts too... at least I had to in the jetta since there was no more room.. as well as no more spare tire if I got a flat :-(

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6119
... i would say take a look at some used subarus .. but that is a bias opinion lol

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3103
I really like an Si as long as its a 2 door...

The only stock Subaru I like is the STi and seems like he isnt going that route so I cant second the subaru. Haha

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6121
Whats wrong with a Legacy? GT uses the longblock as the STI.. except the car itself has a lot more Luxury.. big trunks as well

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1967
@Jack

I have 2x12's in my trunk car and I do ~147.6db (highest I believe) and that's burping @ 51hz.

I want loud nice sounding daily as I am guessing if I take my current subs and tune ~15hz lower it will be much, much quieter. If I can't fit the 15"s I may just do a single 15 rather than 2x12"s.

I plan on having my amp mounted in the rear on water cut plexi glass stand to give it that floating effect and we'll see how much room is left over for the box *gulp*

I was looking at Subaru's but the only ones that are for sale locally are WRX Impreza's with the stupid gold rims....etc for $33k I did look at new bran new Sti's but after everything is said and done $22k turns into $28k :-(

@Andrew

Yeah its a two door, also has Angel Eye head lights...woot

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1969
**Oh and this 07 Si would (if we get it) be replacing a 94 Saturn SC2....so it's a HUGE step up..lol

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6123
True that on the step up..

What is your postal code? I'm sure theres some cars around you

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1970
Yeah I've checked autotrader and nothing is under 19K in B.C that is 07-09 Subaru.

Plus, all the 07 Civic Si's are $20-25k on Auto trader and they have 20-90,00km on them so $18k with 15,xxxkm is a pretty good deal.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6125
does it have to be 07-09? i personally like the 05-06 subies better.. the 07 sti had a weak motor and a lot of recalls
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us