Issuesss Please Help Solve?

Username: Ccbeaches08

Post Number: 1
Hey,
So lemme give you some background to my car...

ive got a 96' saab 900se turbo

in it it has

Pioneer DEH P6900 Head Unit
Pioneer Ipod Adapter Hookup
Ipod Video 30gb
2x Alpine Type R 6.5" speakers in the doors
2x Alpine Type R 6x9 speakers in the rear
A Hifonics Brutus Bxi 1606D Amp
And 2x Alpine Type R 12" Subwoofers in a Prefab Box....

The issue is currently this, my subwoofers etc are all in working condition...

During a song, the subwoofers which have worked for over a year now wired at 1 ohm with this amp (they are the dual voice coil) will kick out and then back in during bass parts.....

the wiring is all done with 4 guage wire which is the recommended to the amp, and checking the amp it is not going into protect mode or turning off during these lack of bass spikes....

any suggestions?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19590
"During a song, the subwoofers which have worked for over a year now wired at 1 ohm with this amp (they are the dual voice coil) will kick out and then back in during bass parts....."

At what volume level? Any?

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1573
sounds like your gain may be set incorrectly do you have bass boost turned on if so how much?

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2855
clipped signal would be my guess

check ur connections

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9153
Do you have some filters activated? Are you sure the amp isn't going into thermal protection from overheating? Those would be the two main things. Amplifiers can deliver clipped signals without doing that...

Post Number: 2
Usually if i turn it up over 10 volume and mind you i for the past year have had the same settings and have put it up to 30 volume usually it happens......

I'm going to go through my wires and such tomorrow since its supposed to be dry out as its been raining the past few days

i don't have bass boost on, i have bass level set to 3/5....but not the setting where you boost it cause i know that's bad for it....

Post Number: 3
what are filters? and im pretty sure its not going into protection, as i know the little green light has a red one under it for protect mode....

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1574
now did you set your gain correctly with a dmm or by ear or just turned it up?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9154
I'm talking about your low pass and high pass. Depending on how you have it set the amp might not play certain frequencies.

Post Number: 4
i tuned it by ear instead of a dmm, and the amp has played these frequencies before.... and during the song it plays them for the majority of the song and then stops playing them and then starts again.... as though it was overheating and cutting itself off and then hopping back in....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us