HELP SOLVE MY AMP PROBLEM PLZZZ

Username: Matt_shack

Winnipeg

Post Number: 1
Hello: I am a newb............lol
my subs shut off yesterday, and my head lights kept on going dim than back to norm than dim. like when hitting good bass. only there was no sound. the head lights work fine when the deck is off but when i turn it on it does it again.(the amp comes on with the deck ).when i disconect the the amp from the battery it all works fine. so it tells me the problem is in the amp, or the subs perhaps. i have two meters on the amp. one was saying 14.2 and going up and down in various increments. the other one was at about 13.0 and just kept going higher and higher.I left it off at 23.0 I think it was like holding power. oh yes and also even with the subs turned of on the deck it would still dim the lights. on other thing i treid is when i had the amp going i pulled the speaker bables from my sub box and it still acted all crappy. Any suggestions would be great. (im going to bring my subs inside and try them on my stereo just to see if they still work. I am pretty sure it is in the deck but I really don't know

Username: Thabloodsuka

Summerville, SC USA

Post Number: 3
your Amp might not have enough to push the subs what size is your subs that happen to me ounce and a audio tech told me my amp wasn't powerfull enough

Username: Matt_shack

Winnipeg

Post Number: 3
My amp is a ultimate t3 1000d and my subs are those kicker dual cvr 800's or somthing like that. my amp should power them. i checked my subs after school and they are working so i think my amp is crap. Maybe i should start saving for a new one. i wanna get matching equipment

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Raccoon City, MI USA

Post Number: 12202
test the voltages with the car above idle.
voltages will fluctuate at idle.
if they still bounce around with the car about about 1200rpm, then you have something causing a large drain on the electrical system. It could be the ampp, the head unit, or something not audio related, but you'll need to run that down and find the problem most likely by disconnecting things till you find the culprit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us