Mounting an amp

Username: Matiofatio

NY United States

Post Number: 6
i have heard that mounting an amp on a subwoofer box is bad for the amp but i have no choice of mounting it on the top. the amp i have is a jl 1000/1v2 and i have the jl sealed box with 2 12w3v3. what can i do to mount this amp on the top to help reduce vibrations it incurs or should i really try and find another spot for the amp. i want the amp to last it was not cheap. any help is appriciated

Username: Matt_shack

Winnipeg

Post Number: 2
To be honest i never knew it was bad for the amp. Maybe wrap it in that nasa memory foam ? or case it with somthing. (cardboard)perhaps. I would try to conceal it somwhere where thiefs may over look if it is exspensive

Bronze Member
Username: Vivi2000

Post Number: 81
It is bad because of all the vibrations that subwoofers put out. If you can mount it to the back of a seat, or the floor or somewhere where it wont move much that will be good. Even a place like under your seats will be good(but im guessing you cant fit that amp under them.

NY United States

Post Number: 7
ya unfortunately i do not have any space at all the only place i can mount it is on the enclosure. so are there any suggestions on how i should do this to reduce vibrations.

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Post Number: 601
sound deaden btween the amp and box.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Raccoon City, MI USA

Post Number: 12199
try using rubber grommets or stand-offs between the amp and box, where the corner mounting screws go. the rubber isolators should help with the vibrations.
you can mount the amp to the box, it's ok, I just prefer not to do so for a number of reasons. Vibrations are amoung the reasons, but so is theft security. Snatching a box and amp together is like a "twofer" to a thief. It's a simple smash and grab with a big payoff. Easy pickins.

You do want an amp that large to be well ventilated though so also avoid mounting in places like the spare tire well and so forth.

What vehicle are you putting this in?

NY United States

Post Number: 8
i am putting this in a dodge caravan that is why i do not have room the box is to big for me to mount the amp on the floor the only place i can put it would be on the box

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Raccoon City, MI USA

Post Number: 12218
under the rear bench works.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4543
a dodge caravan? Surly you can find space. How about on the side panel?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us