Ideal box for Type X

Username: Camdry90

Sudbury, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
New to the forum here just had a question... I purchased an Alpine Type X 12 inch Subwoofer and the Alpine PDX 1.1000 amplifier to put in my 03 Jetta, i was wondering what would be the best box to put this sub in since i haven't purchased one yet... ps. I'm new to car audio, does having a good deck matter when it comes to sound quality? I'm already pleased with the components as my jetta has a moonson stereo package...

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14632
have no experience with type X so others will post later but HU IMHO is the most important part of any good quality system since its like the brain of the operation...

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1197
yes the HU is very important. i have a golf and the moonson is pretty good for stock. after that i upgraded to a kenwood hu then an eclipse and everytime it gets better. a new set of components and speakers would do the trick if u want to spend. if ur happy with the moonson then keep it. its kinda nice to be able to put all those cds in it.

i would do 1.5 cuft if u do it sealed. the manual says .65 to 1.25,
if u want ported i would do a good 2cuft or 2.5 cuft. tuned to 34Hz

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Http://lowdo... Join My User...

Post Number: 10946
I have not used one but everything I've read is that that sub likes a small sealed box best. I'll let someone else come on and either confirm that or fix it.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3534
1 cuft after sub disp sealed.

Username: Camdry90

Sudbury, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4
lol, nevermind guys... the jetta decided to break down, gunna cost $1200.00 2 fix putting my system on hold for now!!! :-(

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1214
so did u not have the type Xs yet? maybe u should look into other subs when u get ur car up and going again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us