Should i use splitters??? Need alot of help!

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2253
So I just picked up an Alpine MRV-F250 to use with my front stage. It's a four channel amp, so it's going to be bridged, and channel 1+2 have there own pair of RCA inputs and channel 3+4 have there own pair of inputs as well. My active EQ (Kicker KQ30) has only 1 pair of RCA outputs. So should I use splitters from the EQ to my four channel amp?

Next I have my sub amp (AQ1200D) which only has 1 pair of RCA inputs, no outputs. My four channel amp has 1 pair of outputs, so should I connect my sub amp though that? Someone told me that doing that could cause a slight lag in my amplifier. Any truth? And will wiring it this way cause my 4 channel amp to get more input voltage than my sub amp, or will they see equal signal?

I'm currently running stinger hyper series RCA's from my deck(2 volt). Since my EQ can reproduce up to 9v output, should I buy better quality RCA's for the receiving end of my EQ, or will more set of Stinger Hyper RCA's work fine? (I just like having matching RCA's lol).

Sorry for the long read, but any help is greatly appreciated!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9415
Ok... you've got one set of RCAs from HU to EQ right? Then EQ has one set of outputs?

Then yea you would use splitters to connect to your 4ch amp bridged. I run a similar setup with an alpine 4ch bridged to 2. You need 2 sets of "1 female to 2 male" rca splitters.

Then I don't see any problem running another cable from that amps output to your AQ.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2259
My HU has 2 sets out (1 set for sub, another set for full range), but since My EQ only has one input I'm going to just use the full range output on my HU. Any reason I should spend more money on better RCA's for the output side on my EQ since it can reproduce 9v? or should the lower line Stinger Hyper RCA's work alright? <<Same with splitters...

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2140
You are running and almost identical setup that I am except I am not bridging my amp. . I would need the splitters as M.S. stated if I did. (I believe he and I have the identical amp).
I spent an azzload on RCA's and would recommend the upper line of RCA's.. (shielding more importantly than the voltage). Most RCA can handle the voltage but the shielding differences or drastic.

My $.02

Gold Member

Post Number: 2141
side note- if you are not using speaker outputs on HU, check your HU for a preamp power on/off setting... Set it to off to improve RCA voltage output. . (just in case you didn't know and if it applies)

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2261
I just remembered that my EQ can send a mono signal. So if I run it mono, and with the amp bridged I won't need splitters for the 4 channel amp?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2143
The way I understood my amp manual, (and I don't have it in front of me) you still need the splitters to get proper functionality out of that amp. I want to say that overheating and damage will /can occur.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9417
You don't want mono, need stereo for full range.

What I said above is exactly what you need to do to set it up the way you are wanting..... I have used all different RCAs and never noticed a difference. But I don't doubt there are some crappy ones out there.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2262
Alright thanks for the help guys. now it's time to hit up ebay
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums