Need speaker advice. CDT Quart Infinity

Username: Endee666

Post Number: 2
Ok, I am doing some moderate audio upgrades to my Audi A6. I am adding an amp & 10" sub and changing (at least) the front speakers, which will still be powered by the OEM Bose amp. The amp & sub I have under control, its the front components I need help with. They are 6.5" btw..

At the advice of someone on the Audi forums I picked up a set of Audax Aerogel midbass. I read great things about them and they were dirt cheap. I will likely use them, but have one option where I may not. I also picked up a set of MB Quart 2 way xovers. The trouble came when it was tweeter selection time. My options- MB Quart RTC19, Infinity Reference silk domes, OR replace the whole front setup with CDT Classic components..

Just to sum up my objective. I am looking to keep inexpensive, so just getting tweeters from here wins by cost, but not sure which will sound like I want. But I have heard some truly amazing things about CDT Components. Not sure if that applies to the Classic series or just their higher end though. My sound taste is that I like natural & smooth. I like warm mids & vocals, accurate punchy midbass, good detail in the highs without being bright or harsh at all.

So the tweeter only options would run about $40 on ebay and the CDTs are like $100. Torn what to do. Will the tweeter options & the Audax still meet my needs? Or should I use the Audax in my rear doors & get the CDTs?

Thanks in advance...

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 718
Nick, buying tweeters to use with the existing crossovers and the Audax drivers is definitely an option....but you'll need to make sure that the drivers and tweeters match up well together, and that the xover point and slope of the MB xovers will work well.

Looking into a full component set designed to work together is likely a better option, budget-allowing. Is you max budget for a set of components $100? If you expand a little higher than that, you can get some really nice component sets that would sound quite a bit better. Based on the sound preferences you described above though, CDT is a terrific option for you. If you have any specific questions regarding the CDT sets, feel free to email to me at: mike(at)exigeaudio(dot)com

Post Number: 3
Well originally I planned on just adding tweeters for a few bucks & calling it a day. Earlier I heard some distortion from the rear woofers. So I am now leaning towards getting the CDT's in front and just putting the Audax in the rear. So now my main question instead is- Are CDT Classic series still as phenominal as the reputation CDT has? If so, its a buy..

Post Number: 5
And will they still sound ok powered by my OEM Bose amp?

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 724
The CDT Classics are very nice, but make sure to stick with a current set..not some of the older stock, lower end that woofersetc sells.

Because you really don't know the specs on the Bose amp, it's hard to judge. I would personally advise moving to an aftermarket amp that would likely be much better suited for your speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 879
^^^ he knows his stuff, CDT offers all sorts of ranges dependin on budget and personal taste, if you plan to go throught with picking up a CDT set talk to me or him well hook you up, prefable id like for you to talk to me tho ;) let me get you hooked up :-)

Silver Member
Username: Djhasanicesoundsystem

Vista, Ca Usa

Post Number: 178
A D-MONEY how much for a set of 5.25 component speakers try and hook it up

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 930
which model? and budget range

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1638
i think i have some HD components sitting around the office i need to sell if you are interested. Don't remember if its B stock or not though. Also I know I have a EF-51 component set i am selling. let me know if you are interested, email me at sales@alteraudiousa.com and just include this forum and your username so i know who i'm talking to.

DG

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 963
wow really dude^^^

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Authorized CDT Dealer, NC

Post Number: 1639
yes really my friend, its been a while since i got on here but i am still around and still a cdt dealer, nice.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1392
i have bought from exige and everything went smoothly as promised. would buy from in a split second!

and he was the first to help you lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us