Hu question

Silver Member
Username: Tylersliva

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 128
for my amp hook up for the rcs i dont have a subwoofer one i only have aux, front, and rear rca's.. i have a amp with 2 cheap subs now its sounds good... but im gonna upgrade to a fi subwoofer... and i was wonder if my hu will perform just as good as if it did have a subwoofer rca?

Bronze Member
Username: Kissdaredevil

Post Number: 59
when you have a subwoofer output, it makes the signal a mono signal instead of a stereo signal. You get a stereo signal with front and rear outputs. The mono signal gives you more lows and more bass. The stereo signal gives you more highs and less bass. You will get better sound out of your subs if you get a HU with a sub output.

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 137
ok looks like i got another $100 to spend into my system

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 139
also when buying new hu are my wires from my last aftermarket hu the same as a different hu? and are all wire color coded... so if i have to recont wire i just match up the colors?

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 141
also is there some type of adaptor that will add a subwoofer pre amp?

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 101
the wires might be the same they may be diff it all depends, just get a HU with a sub output keep things simple

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 152
ok im gonna wait till i get my setup... if its pleasing to me then i wont get a hu with sub outputs... but if i feel it can do better ill get a new hu
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us