Mmats vs. US amps

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2235
So I was at a local shop not too long back and was talking with a few guys about efficiency and whatnot and I brought up Mmats. A guy at the shop claimed that the US amps are more efficient that the Mmats. Any truth to this? I'm referring to the MD line and the mmats class D's.

I remember hearing awhile back that newer US amps don't do rated and maybe that's why the guy thinks they are more efficient? But then again they are an RE/US amps dealer so I figured he might just be talking them up, but he never did say anything bad about the mmats amps.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9372
He is repping what he sells just like every shop does.

US amps is not what they used to be, and mmats efficiencey is extremely hard to beat.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2239
That's what I was thinking. Do the current MD series do rated power? I remember hearing awhile back they they started using cheaper components on their amps. Like all at once there current line of amps just started sucking and it was hit and miss with them. Any truth?

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Post Number: 600
I sell Us amps and IMO the efficiancy is close to the same as far as the MD series. Some of the other series of Us amps are as high as 90% efficient and those are hard to beat.

Silver Member
Username: Tylersliva

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 126
lol a us amps seller saying that they are efficient lol

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1887
yeah?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9383
Cheaper components and construction.... like most others they aren't made in the USA anymore.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4517
i need to get my MMAts D200 fixed
It used to be efficient. Now its not.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 10207
hey dudes....check this out!!!

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/40.html

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10208

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4519
?

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4520
No, Wait, take the red pill.

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10210
if i have to spell it out...then the joke has gone bad...so i'll wait and see if someone catches it:-O

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2244
I went back to the shop today and mentioned something about amp efficiency and THD again, regarding 2 channel amps this time. The same guy said he liked US amps more than his old mmats and harrison amps lol. Said the efficieny was beter and the sound was way cleaner, and to prove this said cuz US rates there amps at a .006% THD. Then he said his mmats amp sounded muddy on bass, but about 15min later said that 10% thd wasn't audible in a subwoofer. I lol'd all the way home about this adventure.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4524
us amps does rate at .006 where as MMats has a .002, but mostly .3,.5,.6. And yes, it is not a big deal to have a sub play at 10%.
So he is not as dumb as you think.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2245
He knows alot, but when talking to him it seems so fishy because he recommends us amps over anything. But I thought 10% was audible? And I even asked him if it was audible if you were to put your head right next to the sub and he said no. Is he right?

Muddy are you hinting that this thread should be in the amplifier section?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us