Rl-i vs g5

Bronze Member
Username: Will4992

NC

Post Number: 46
I'm looking to get two 10s that will be run off of 1000 rms and will sound good in a small sealed enclosure (~1.5 cu. ft.) I'm aiming for sql. I was looking at either soundsplinter rl-i or boston acoustics g5. What do you think would be better? Or do you have any other reccomended subs?

Bronze Member

NC

Post Number: 47
No help???

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2533
Ive never heard either of those subs but from what I hear they are both great. I think I remember someone saying the G5 is comparable to the W6. The 10w6v2 is also another sub to consider,I had a 12w6v2 and it was awesome! You cant go wrong with any of those subs so just get which ever one is cheaper.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19517
I'd go with SS.

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 828
My vote is for the Rl-i's...

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 2719
RL-i are great subs and you wouldn't ever regret picking that system.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5023
But so are the G5's. I can't remember another thread where I was so on the fence as this one...

He truly can't go wrong either way.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 831
Both are nice choices, but can you speak directly with the owner of Boston?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2138
lmao^^^^ nice!

Bronze Member

NC

Post Number: 48
denim, what do you mean? Are you the owner of soundsplinter or something?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6637
imo, the g5s'. those subs are amazing, and for some reason overlooked all the time. they sound great, and get decently loud. also, if you feel a pair sealed is just a tad not loud enough for you, you can always add a pair of thier prs' in the same box, tune them accordingly, and get a little more output from them while still maintaining the sq. and for $350 shipped for a pair of 10"s from crutchfield (fully authorized), can't beat it.

and no, denim isn't the owner of sp. he's co-owner of ssa (which maybe you should look into thier new line of subs, the dcons'). if anything like the icons, they'll be well worth the money.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 834
As ctmike said, I am not the owner of SoundSplinter. But I speak with him on a regular basis. Mike is a great guy, and has awesome customer service. Before we had our own drivers, I ran SoundSplinter sub woofers.

I will probably never sell my RL-i and my signed RL-p. SoundSplinter has a forum where you can talk directly to other SoundSplinter customers and talk directly with the owner too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us