Sub enclosure and wire

Bronze Member
Username: Brewzky

Post Number: 36
The specs for the Re sx 15 call for a 4^3 ported box tuned to 34hz. I found a great box 1" MDF but is tuned to 32hz. Will that a noticeable difference. In addition, I have been reading alot about upgrading the "Big 3." Is this really necessary with the AQ1200D? I was thinking about just paralelling another smaller battery to basically act as a capacitor and provide a little more current to the electrical system.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2103
I see no real problem with either issue that u are inquiring about. I would still do the big 3 on top of battery addition. It's inexpensive and easy and it helps. Why put all the time and effort and not do something that is so simple?.. U will not likely be able to tell the difference between 34-32 hz tuning..

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14602
well u can always trim like a 2" off the port length to get a higher tune box

u dont have to do big 3 but it helps & makes a difference...

Bronze Member
Username: Tylersliva

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 92
where did u find a box for that subwoofer with 1" mdf

Bronze Member
Username: Brewzky

Post Number: 37
Mobile Soundworks. Front of ported box is actually 1 1/2 inch thick MDF. The sides and back is 1 inch. Bought it off Ebay for a 15" RE SX sub.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1194
u don't have to do the big 3. if u have extra wire i would do it. if u have a small alt it would be smart to do the big 3 and battery.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19570
"if u have a small alt it would be smart to do the big 3 and battery."

Storage does NOT equal production. If you can't produce it, why bother?

My man Muddy's mission statement: "Your charging system is by far the most important part of your system. Trust me."

I can't argue with that.

Not sure if that's Muddy's exact words but it helps to say them b4 I go to bed at night.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us