Audiobahn out of business?...

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14593
saw this on another forum - is it true ?

if yes well im not really surprised since if u go on any popular car audio forums u will almost never hear anybody rec anything that company makes ....things getting harder & with sooooo many companies out there some will head to d graveyard ...

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 245
I heard the same thing man but im not for sure. Oh well if they did go under, I know I won't miss them.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2591
Yeah, they did a while back I think.

I'll miss them. Do you have any clue how many shows that they sponsored?

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3193
Yeah, I thought this happened like a year ago lol.

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1673
finally

Bronze Member
Username: Semperfi

Post Number: 53
they were pretty paper weights... :-(

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2845
aw1206t wasnt a bad woofer at all

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2592
Rofl @ the people who have no clue what they are talking about.

AudioBahn actually had some amps that did rated power and were quality. Thier upper level subs were not bad either. Also as I said earlier, they sponsored tons of car shows.

Silver Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 345
i still have an aw1206t laying around lol.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5007
Audiobahn On Block

By Amy Gilroy -- TWICE, 10/13/2008

BREA, CALIF.
-- Audiobahn, the struggling car audio company known for its stylized speakers, is in the process of being sold along with its Swiss Audio brand, while the Alphasonik brand has already been sold to Orange County, Calif.-based private investor Roberto Villaneuva.

According to Rick Andersen, general manager, Alphasonik has relocated from here to a new address in Santa Fe Springs, Calif., and is now known as Alphasonik LLC. Andersen says it is in the process of introducing new Asian-sourced car audio products that are slated for introduction in the first quarter of 2009. Alphasonik is also in the process of signing up distributors.

For its part, Audiobahn, once a leading brand of car audio speakers and amplifiers, appears to have ceased doing business. Calls to five of the company's key distributors found that all had stopped ordering from the company between two months and two years ago. At least one industry member said the Audiobahn building at 114 S. Berry Street is empty. The company phone is not in service and all of its Web sites, including those of brands Swiss Audio and Alphasonik are no longer accessible on the Internet. Andersen said a new Alphasonik Web site is under construction at www.alphasonikllc.com.

Audiobahn reportedly entered the car audio market in 1997, founded by its president Nasser Abo Abdo, and quickly became a trendy car brand which did as much as $50 million annually by early in the decade, said industry members.

The company fell into financial trouble about two years ago, they said.

Abdo did not return repeated TWICE phone calls.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9354
One less crappy brand out there for noobs to fall for...... whooho!

Now if only kicker, mtx, and dual would follow suit...... ah I'll stop dreaming now.

BTW as far as I remember audioburn did have one cool invention...... the hours meter on the alphashonik amps. Great idea I thought. Too bad most of the stuff they made was crap.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14603
but some of the older guys say that yrs ago b4 AB went into bling mode that they actually were a good company back then ...

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

15 SI Mag9.1=Boom, New Jersey Jerzee Playa

Post Number: 635
"Now if only kicker, mtx, and dual would follow suit"

L7 and L5 are suspect..CVX,CVR not bad.
Kicker amps are above par, Kicker should not be in that sentence

Bronze Member
Username: Tylersliva

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 93
my friend has 2 10's and man they bump i thought

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9357
Haha yea I put kicker in there meaning the solo squares

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5012
I believe that a company should be looked upon for the sum of everything that they make. Kicker makes nice amps but their subs are an embarrassment. Using that logic, the company as a whole gets a C- from me. Hardly in the same league of fail as Dual, but point taken. MTX really doesn't belong there either because of the decent amps and subs they have made in the past, but lately they are approaching fail.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
duel lighting audio thump pyle SONY just some of the companies that NEED to go under...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2851
see that makes me laugh tho ..

u really think a company like sony gives a fly fack about making a high quality car audio product ... look at some of the original sony gear ... outstanding stuff .. sony HUs arent bad at all ... i have used and sold them and they have all been above average

there market is young kids who see sony and the word XPLOD and will buy them cuz of their look and appeal... if they wanted to make a sub with a oem 12 spoke basket and similiar softparts as these other companies ... there budget would dwarf them ...

sony is probably the most stable car audio company in the world

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
im not going to argue with you BUT it would be nice if they put work into their subwoofers a little more...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2852
why bother ..

having the word sony on the box says enough for most consumers

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
true...

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1180
i was told they were out/ going out last month

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1635
all these brands have their place. My friend was asking me if he got a good deal- amp, 2 12s in a bandpass box, and h/u all installed for <$300. All Dual. I told him sure- it may be cheap but it didn't sound bad on heavy metal (all he listens to) and his older car could now play cds. If he had bought higher quality equipment he might have a cd player for that price.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9360
You can get a decent quality HU, sub, and amp for $300 if you know where to look.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4508
As a whole, it reflects on Car Audio sales in general. in and around me 2 shops have closed, so its not surprising that manufacturers are to follow.
I had heard that before, I forget where tho, but the man point was that they had sponsered a lot of show, and it would effect some 2009 shows.
Also gone under this year was 02? or oZ i believe. Elevation audio,and im sure theres more.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14613
O2 & elevation also called it a day !? - whoa thats news to me ...

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5018
I just got off the phone with Joe Belmonte, the President of Elevation Audio, and we talked for around twenty minutes. They are not going out of business, and in fact they are doing well, and I am going to make an Elevation thread in subs right now and Joe will be here later tonight to post the current status of his company and talk a little about what they are up to etc. Very cool and straight up guy as you will see.

So that's the story direct from the source.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4511
Well, thats good to here about EA. For some reason i thought they were no more. Just goes to show you cant trust anyones info. Or at least mine.
I am always on the look out for one of thier xs125.4 amps. Maybe thats why i though it, cause they are no longer available.

thd was 0.001.
And I talked to Joe before when i was looking for one of them. He was a very informative guy.

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1675
i honestly think that some audiobahn subs sound good. my friend had a pair of 12's in his golf and that system was crazy loud, not sure what subs they were but it was an AB amp too and i thought that sh1t was crazy loud. the subs had like flames on the cones tho that all i remember.

Bronze Member
Username: Joe_mustard

Huntsville, Alabama United States

Post Number: 19
Audiobahn's mistake was that they produced more then they could sell in late 2005 and early 2006. They had to close down 3 of 4 distrobution plants and after all that they eventually just went down the drain. Audiobahn isn't as bad as most people on this forumn state. People just like jumping on the ban wagon of people talking trash about a company.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19541
"Audiobahn isn't as bad as most people on this forumn state. People just like jumping on the ban wagon of people talking trash about a company."

IMO that theory should be reversed, especially here. A good rep is earned and a bad one as well. Some of the most experienced members here have run them all so who better to judge the lot? It's those who ONLY ran the bottom of the line gear that defend it.

Just like Microsoft or Bose home audio. Marketing over engineering. I guess Audioblah feel short in the marketing?

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2435
"IMO that theory should be reversed, especially here. A good rep is earned and a bad one as well. Some of the most experienced members here have run them all so who better to judge the lot? It's those who ONLY ran the bottom of the line gear that defend it."

i dont know if i agree with you Paul i've owned several different including RE AA and Eclipse and i still think the Kicker L7 is a damn good sub no matter how much other people hate on it and i wouldn't hesitate to run it again. i've also owned some audiobahn subs that were quite decent.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19544
Referring to Audiobahn there.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
I've actually ran the second to the top of the line of Audiobahn and they sound great.. They can handle more power than the "peak rating" stated and they've been able to handle it for more than 2 years now. Other than agreeing with opinions just hear it out for yourself, not that you can anymore since they are out of business...

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Post Number: 599
I used to deal with audiobahn. The reason they went out of business is because of warranty issues. They had too many products coming back for repair.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9380
Whip: thats cause they are poor quality

Joey: discussing peak ratings shows just how much you don't know.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 10209
hahaha.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you guys crack me the fu k up!!!

defending Audioballz....they have already failed...what's the point??

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19563
I love your raw truth dude.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Oh sorry M.S. I know absolutely nothing. I forgot that you must be the god of all audio because your posts are higher than most people.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9390
Ok I'll bite. Sounded great compared to what?

As for peak ratings they are completely useless and most people know that RMS is all that matters.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3067
I ran two 12" audiobahn subs as my first system and without those I would have never gotten into car audio. They were great for my first system. Wouldnt go back though

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
M.S. - I quoted "peak rating" for a reason. I'm not trying to say I know everything, I'm just saying that I ran the subs I owned much higher than what was recommended and they are still hitting (and sounding good) after more than 2 years of ABUSE.

I ran 2 Audiobahn's AWES10p's at over 3k watts for 2 years and they never burned out or gave me any trouble.

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

St. Louis ILLside, Pronounced: ... U.S.A.

Post Number: 453
Why would you run the same Audiobahn subs for more than 2 years?....So when you move on to something better it will actually be like a complete eargasm even though it's like a simple switch of spl subs compared to most people?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
I have to pay for college and a house. I don't have the money to buy new stuff... I'm in the process of getting some 18" btl's...

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9396
You're still acting like peak ratings mean something..... they don't.... And if those sound good, well you should hear an SQ sub sometime.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5034
MS I am not sure what you keep going on about. What he tried to say is that he was able to run the Audiobahn at over the peak ratings, which in sub terms means what a manufacturer feels a driver will handle for short terms in extreme situations. This is actually impressive. Peak ratings are meaningless in stating what an amplifier will put out, but in drivers it is sometimes a fairly useful spec.

For instance... pro sound drivers have always come with a peak rating that specifies what they will handle before catastrophic failure (from power compression caused v.c. heat) due to clipping and sometimes unknown outputs from amps in a live situation where mixing board pre-amps and effects in the loop can cause amplifiers to exceed their output capability, and clip to a far higher RMS level than the FOH operator is aware of. This is due to the fact that in almost all cases, the power amp racks are on stage and far away from the FOH (front of house) location of the mixing consoles. Unless a system employs complex computer monitoring of power amp status, the engineer is not aware of clipping or other artifacts.

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10225
^^^^this post = skoold

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9400
Is that what he actually meant?

I took it as amplifier with peak rating X driving sub with peak rating Y where X is more than Y.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9401
muddys useless posts FTL

seems to be a common occurrence.

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10227
chill out and dont get your feelings hurt M.S.

i dont have to help anybody, EVER...i did that the 1st 2 years i was here and what did i get in return, more stupid questions.

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10228
M.S. getting skoold on a CONSTANT basis, trying to sound smarter than he really is and getting called out on it AGAIN.

seems to be a common occurence.

(i could have went this route, aren't you glad i didnt? i tried to be less aggressive.)

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9402
I like that route. Makes ya sound even dumber compared to people who actually try to post useful info.

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10231
you keep ridin that info b0ner...like you cant think of anything else to say after you had your azz spanked by Brad. dont take it out on me man, i still like ya and i was only kidding with you in the first place. :-)

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9405
Brad was just trying to help... after he posted I realized what the guy really meant.

And not that I have anything against you, but if you don't like answering repetitave questions you might be on the wrong froum.

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10238
i dont have anything against answering repetetive ?'s...i dont do it anymore anyways, so it doesnt matter.
but i am not going to post mundane information over and over and over all the time either so newbs can be handfed information w/o having to ever lift a finger on the internet.

we just see it different my friend. :-)

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9409
Yea i guess. I think if people ask for info its better to give it to them than just let them fukkk up stuff and learn for themselves....... that is a good way of learning but audio equipment ain't cheap...

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10262
but the noobs always buy the cheap sh1t so it balances out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us