I'm not sure why i haven't thought of doing this before

Bronze Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 15
can anyone tell me how to fiberglass a box?

I've never done it before, but i have the basic concept of "take wood, mount rings, stretch fleece, apply FG stuff, let dry cut holes sand down etc"

but can anyone list items that i will need from start to finish.

i was thinking about having it at 5 ft3. so that would probably increase the amount of supplies i would need.

estimated cost?
thanks all!

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6073
if you've never done fiberglass i'd not suggest doing a big project like a sub box for a first project

Bronze Member
Username: Semperfi

Post Number: 43
the basic concept is easy... but the actual completion is hard lol... estimated cost probably between $0.01-$100,000

Bronze Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 23
what would you suggest as a good "starter project" ¤Jack_k飣iñgoñ¤?

like a door pod or somethin on my dash?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4515
tweeter pods.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1637
I would build a good mdf box and fiberglass the inside of it- You can use as much or little 'glass as you want- and if it's ugly it wont matter. I'd just glass all sides and make some fiberglass 45s in the corners. You could put some wood in the corners and just 'glass over that. After you get a feel for how long it takes for things to set and working with the materials I'd move on to something bigger.

A box with a fiberglass face or entire box with just a wood skeleton. I'd just play with it and get some practice.

Bronze Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 26
thanks all! I think I'm gonna make some tweeter pods for practice. then maybe make that double 15 boxxxx

Silver Member
Username: Tylersliva

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 121
good idea i made a fiberglass center council it sits on the floor in middle of my truck its look BA

Bronze Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 27
well thats what I was thinking of doing, because my car is so old. like where there would normally be a holder for change, CD's, etc. theres a tape holder.

but its funny because the car's stock radio didn't even HAVE a tape player... plus it looks really ugly so if i fiberglassed it it would be slick... maybe put a little 6x8 in and 2 tweets on either side of it???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us