Re- tune my highs amp? yay or nay?

Bronze Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 13
ok, so i get home from vacation, and my step dad has been driving my car to keep it healthy. i can't find my faceplate, so i ask him where it is. it's in his work locker, and luckily for me, he's laid off for 2 weeks until holidays are over =(

i had a pioneer in there, and now i just bought alittle 15 dollar sony from someone at work until i buy my new kenwood. when i hooked it up, my highs don't seem to be as loud as they were.... should i adjust my input sensitiviy or is that just the way the HU is gonna send the signal.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1157
u paid 15 bucks for a hu?

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1158
prolly had a higher pre out rca volts with the old HU and the crap u have now is like 2 volt pre outs. so u will have to set the gain higher...

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2085
dBLK.... STFU!

Most pioneers have 2 volt preouts.

The difference between 2 and 4 or more preouts is not gonna be as noticeable as he is describing. If you think yours is that drastic of a change, then you are as retarded as your advice..Please go away.. You will NOT be missed!

Mister- did you set your H.U. Eq. settings to fit your taste or are you using default settings?

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1160
thanks mark i was just trying to help. i don't know much about pioneer. if it was 4 or 2 volt and he is running his highs off his amp that would have something to do with it , he didnt' give a lot of info.
thanks for hating

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2087
dBLK... you dont know much about Car Audio, period.. 10 threads per question, ring a bell? Totally ignoring advice from experienced peeps, remember? Twin Tower Fail pics, hello! giving advice to people who know molre than you, ummmm. This is the kind of intellegence you bring to E!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IdNnHwi6fM

Sorry Mister for jacking thread.
/rant

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9331
There is absolutely nothing wrong with 2 volt RCAs.

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1163
if it is a different pre out u will have to re-set the gain

Bronze Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 14
ok first off.

MARK! what was the relevance between that vid and this thread? i was completely lost. maybe i should've watched the whole thing?

second: i did set all the lows mids and highs to my taste (L: down all the way M:+2 H:up all the way) but then when i turned the sub setting up all my highs started putting out lows?!? then i felt retarded because my high pass wasn't on so i fixed that, i re- set my gains and SHAZAAM!

thanx guys.

p.s. Benny- ftw its a sony. probably from like 2003. would YOU pay more than 15$ for a sony HU? i just needed it until i get my Premier faceplate back

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1873
ftw its a sony?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14587
probably different voltage preout & different HU settings\freqs all of which u will have to re-adjust ...

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4495
I believe that is a Lunar moth, or "moon Moth" I seen one last fall.
So are you suggesting BLK goes to the moon? or is all ready there?

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1164
gosh that moth was crazy!

sony ftl but a HU that works fine and is only 15? FTW! u got a good deal on it sounds like. happy everything is working again. i think mark just hates me and was trying to make me look bad
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us