Eclipse cd3200.... maybe a let down for me, or maybe not

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1149
so today i had an hour before i had to go to work so i thought i have enough time to put in my new cd3200 in if i hurry. i just got my old kenwood out when my freind pulled in and wanted to by the kenwood. he had no idea what he was going so i told him to just change the wires.. he forgot what colors go to what wire but that is a different story!
the thing is i got my eclipse in but i didn't have any more of those crimps for my speaker wires but i was ok with that because i don't use the stock ones i have my nine 2x i use to power my doors.

i was happy the way it sounded. it did sound better than what i had before and was a little more heavy on the bass. i am guessing it is because i have not set my gains again. (ill set them and meter it and see if there is a difference)

ok so the problem came up when i was drving to work. i was reading my manual and got my phone blue toothed to the hu. i tried calling and it worked! but when it said it was connected i couldn't hear anything . they could hear me talking but no sound came out of the speakers.
does the bluetooth hands free thing only play through the built in amp? because i don't use that! and i will be a little POed.

i am hoping i just forgot a wire or soemthing. HELP ME SOME ONE!

other than that it seems like it will be a good one. i have less fuzzy with music. i can tell the bass sounds cleaner. the tweets sounds about the same for my ears but like i said i just listened to it to work and back.

Bronze Member
Username: Semperfi

Post Number: 40
does the manual say anything about a blue tooth speaker wire? or an extra color wire for anything to do with blue tooth?

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1153
not that i could find

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2061
i may be wrong, but the bluetooth may be only to answer phone.(hands free)

Bronze Member
Username: That_guy_u_dont_know

Kaplan, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 39
my friend has it in her mustang on a pioneer hu and shes using the factory amp on the radio and hers works fine so im not sure i know it will work that way only other thing is u didnt hook up something right

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2586
You do not have something set up right.

Canaan has the Eclipse 7200. He uses an amp for his front stage and making calls/recieving calls works perfect.

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1155
well the 7200 is different because it is a dead hu. u have to have an amp for any sound to play at all.

either way! i called circut city (were my grandparents got it) and the closes car audio place that sells eclipse. out of the 4 people i talked to they all said it would not work.

so i went out and tried the "high" rca out put for the nine 2x other than the mid rca and now it works..

the "profesional installlllller" at cctiy is stupid and did nothing buy tell me stuff he didn't know and was not true. and the other place ic alled ... that is just sad . either way i got it going now and ilove it!

blue tooth is pretty BA! i can hear them and they can hear me and i dont even have to talk load like i thought i would. plus i can go through my phone book with my hu to make calls. its pretty sick

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1156
ok i just said the 7200 is different.. i guess its not but the dude at c city told me it was and i would have to buy an other speaker that had to be powered by the hu for the bluetooth
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us