Dear All

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Http://lowdo... Join My User...

Post Number: 10891
I hate to do this but I think its time for it. If you have not heard of it or seen it, please visit http://lowdownforum.com/

It is a car audio forum made by members on here and ran by members on here, meaning there are actually admins and mods who visit the site to make it run smoothly. All the regulars on here (Chad, Bern, Brad, Jesse, Nick, me, Paul, Brockman, Phil, Scott, and many others) are signed up over there.

Advantages you have to post at Lowdown over eCoustics.

1. Admins and Mods are there to clean anything up and get rid of the trolls.
2. Get real good information from people who know what they are talking about and have extensive use with many products across the board.
3. Don't have to put up with retarded people unlike here.
4. Admins listen to requests.
5. Avatars
6. PM feature which actually works.
7. Browse the forum easier.
8. Topics are actually organized like a real forum where everything is not all in one section.
And many other things that are awesome.

Go check it out, sign up, make a thread if you wish and leave some feedback on the site. It was made a while ago and it caught on for a month or two but we never got enough traffic on it. Go sign up, invite a friend and learn some great stuff.

Sincerely,
Yanks Fan

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2564
^x2

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14556
no thanks

ppl have tried doing their own forums b4 on numerous times & after a while all died & we all ended back up right here

ECOUSTICS FTW ! ...

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 696
we werent inviting you sand nikka

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1937
Rovin is correctomundo.

I mean, who wants to loose their post numbers.. :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14557
we 3 posters have been on E long enough to know how it goes ...

naw : its not about post numbers, who cares - only car audio forum i go on is E & 1 in my country ...2 is enough for me ...

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19351
Yes but if more ppl frequent a site with such great potential thus lowering the traffic here it would force the admin of this stubborn site to actually take the advice of the members and step the game up.

That site has EVERYTHING we as members here have been begging for
!

Why take a trinket every year or two when you could get the whole pot of gold in one take?

My $.02.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4937
Rovin who asked you your opinion? Do you think we care what you think? And did anyone say anything about abandoning E and only posting on Lowdown? No... so shut the fück up.

Jesse and Chad started that site and asked me to design the layout and pages. I enabled every feature that you could ask for there, and everything works flawlessly. If some of you don't want to join there... fine, but don't post here with your reasons why you think you are too superior to join. Go away.

Bronze Member
Username: Grayalien

Post Number: 20
why would anyone join a forum that the general audio section has not had a post in over a year?
i am really sorry but that forum is dead.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2565

quote:

I mean, who wants to loose their post numbers.. :-)

If Brad has the right software, the mods can edit post count.

quote:

No sh!t. That is why we are trying to bring it back.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10892
Rovin, what 3 people are you talking about?

Word to what Paul said.

Word to what Brad said.

Word to what Nick said.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4515
Viva la Revolucion!

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1974
what's the name of the site again?

lol

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4938

quote:

why would anyone join a forum that the general audio section has not had a post in over a year?

Says some guy we don't even know that has 20 posts in six months...

At Lowdown, we even have free bananas for the trinituner primates. Now Rovin the coonoomoonoo can go make some more posts dissing me in the secret spammer section that he thinks I won't see or have someone tell me about. How dat mah-ko?

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3886
who are the mods and admins??

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4942
Admins: Jesse, Chad, and me.

Mods: Yanks, Nick V, Mike (Exige)

HT Mod: Paul Larrea

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2158
maybe it needs a fresh reset.

The old posts are deinftely a deterrent. I mean the urge to join a forum with new posts being in 2007 is tough.

Perhaps do a mass clean-up. Leaving only trhe important and meaningful threads.

Also I suggest with the LD forum that we dont have as many forums... It seems a bit cluttered

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4943
That's actually a good idea Driz. It would be best if we deleted all current posts and started all over again as a brand new forum. There really isn't anything anyone would miss I don't think, since the posts are outdated anyways. I will talk to Jesse for his approval and look into how (or if) I can do that. I may have to delete the whole setup and start over with new topic sections, and not nearly as many. It could be streamlined quite a bit. I may also promote Yanks to Admin and kick Chad out for being a weaksauce

And by the way, the domain name that I own expires on Jan. 2nd, so if this doesn't show at least some signs of picking up by then, I am can't justify spending the money to renew it.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2159
I was thinking maybe leave some of the product reviewws. Also Paul's surround replace thread. And maybe the birthsheets or something.

But a fresh reset with less forums would be a good start.

I think the best way to start a board is to start simple. Start with a smaller amount of forums. And as people join and act interested, add what they feel should be added. Throwing 20+ different categories is very confusing and makes the place seem alot emptier with little traffic.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 3173
x2^

One thing that I think should be changed, if possible, is the reply page. IMO, I think it's just a little too crowded and messy looking ... no offense to anyone:-)

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p173/stavenmist/lowdownforum.jpg

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3484
I agree with Steve... when i did it for the first time (less than 3 min ago) it was like HELLO... A little agressive with smileys.

Also...If your avator could be uploaded from your computer would be nice.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4944
Yeah Steve -- I will see what I can do about that too. It is a formatting issue and it is messed up somehow. I need to compact the smilies and/or dump some because as it is now there is a horizontal scroll bar because it's so wide. Maybe I can ace some of that other stuff too, we'll see.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10893
I agree that we should just start fresh but that's a decision the founders need to make which I am not. A clean slate would be best right now imo.

I also think we should make kind of a FAQ for some of the sections. For example, in the subwoofer section, maybe discuss different ohm loads and power ratings info. For amp section, maybe discuss the differences between different amp classes and what not. Box building section, difference between ported, sealed, and bandpass. Maybe designate a few people who would be willing to write up a quick summary of these would be nice.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19359
The wheels are turning I see!

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2533
if u do the changes u speak of i will definetly join and would completely leave this place with all the same questions and spam

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10895
Cool Jaymes. Brad is working on some stuff right now so hopefully this project can be undertaken and the forum comes out awesome which I'm sure it will.

Times are a changing.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4202
Brad, You can do whatever you please with it. If, for some reason, you are unable to access anything let me know.

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 717
Glad this is gonna finally get goin :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2568
I have some webspace if you guys wanted to change to a different forum software like phpBB. The runboard software that the lowdown uses is kind of outdated, and there are a few limitations.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4951
Fixed the smiley tables and am working on the main page banners and other things. Here is the new smiley page with the best of the yahoo smileys and some others. More to come.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2zejfy1.jpg

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4952
Nah Nick that's cool. I don't have many limitations at all and it will be all set up with all the features we need. It actually works very well. I am going to renew the domain name before the 2nd if the current interest keeps up.

I am also working with Mike (Exige) on some Lowdown exclusive raffles and sales, and maybe some other exclusive things I am working on. I will announce what they are when it is time.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14563
Brad Warren

afaik this is the internet & im allowed my opinion whether ppl like it or not : wtf is wrong with u ?

do u think ur god & ppl dont have a right to choose wtf they want ...my post above does not have mind control to make ppl not join or leave ur site - i gave my reasons why i wont be joining i did NOT tell other ppl to not join , they can read my post & still go join whatever they feel like doing - its a free world

dont ever try to be so facking low to diss that forum in my country because if u look at the names on iasca world ranked top 10 list u will see some of us r on that list so us primates must be doing something right to be officially ranked worldwide

u over acted like such a ignorant j@ckass because i didnt acknowledge u in my tv thread (who the F is u - do u feel u r the president or something) now u come on here & continue to insult me for no good reason - dont u have anything else better to do

i have been on E for over 2.5yrs yet u had to make urself the 1st @sshole to tell me unnecessary sh1t

go ahead with ur ignorant insulting posts since it seems to make u proud of urself thinking u r doing something gr8 ...i wont be wasting anymore good time on u ...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9252
oh SNAP

-- popcorn smiley --

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 10133

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 239
Cool. Signed up over there.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4954
Rovin.... yes I was a bit harsh so I apologize but if you don't like something why post on it? Some people here probably won't go now after reading what you said. I have worked hard on this forum and want to get it going again. It is not meant as a replacement for E but more as an alternative.

I changed the main and aux banners now. Let me know what everyone thinks. It is not permanent, just trying some things.

http://lowdownforum.com/

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14566
ok cool - lets just try to be civilized\respectful & not ever go down this road again ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10900
Lets get a bump for a sweet forum.

No more nonsense in this thread please :-)
PS, this thread further proves how having mods and admins on a forum are very useful as all that nonsense could be deleted.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10925

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19455
"Who is online, last 20 minutes: Paul Larrea (1 visible, 0 invisible, 0 guests)"

Sad. You fuggers should care more!

The features are awesome and the layout is great. Not to mention it's a moderated site free of pop ups and generated by some of the best qualified ppl here. Think about what you hate seeing here. Remove that and welcome to....

http://lowdownforum.com/

WTF are you ppl waiting for?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19459
I LOVE FI products. I use one for my own HT project myself. Just a suggestion, maybe change the FI sub pulsating in the banner to a generic one? It comes across as an FI forum and this one should be open to all don't you think?

I'm trying to think big here. If I were a dirt bike lover who owned a KX would I post in a forum whose banner boasted YZs?

Just a suggestion here.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10926
Word Pauly. I think Brad is in the process of finding a new image to put there but that's something he can answer.

There's only so many times the same people can post in the threads.

If you are about to create a thread on E, go to the lowdown and make the thread and get better help without the dumbass responses.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19461
I was over there and felt kinda lonely haha.

Well. Maybe not so haha....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us