New sound system....

Username: Artemartemov

Post Number: 1
Hello there. So I finally have gotten enough money for a decent sound system for my 1997 Eclipse GS.

I already found the sub with an enclosure and amp all for $580. The sub is a JL Audio 12w7 and the amp is a Kenwood kac9104d. I checked both out the other day in the guys car and it sounds really nice, very clean and hits quite hard.

Anyways, now I need the rest of the items. The person who previously owned my car had some sort of sound system in it but took it out. So the car is all wired for a sound system. I already put in a Blaupunkt Bahamas head unit in it and that works fine.

Now for the speakers and an amp to go with them. This is where I come into a dilemma. I don't know what I should go with other than knowing Alpine makes some quality ones. I want a very crisp, clear, clean sound coming out of them, and not being overpowered by the sub. I also want it loud. I love blasting my music.

What do you guys think I should go with? I don't really have a budget, but I don't want to spend $800+ on speakers and amp since I'm going away to school without my car in less than a year.

I was looking at Alpine type-r speakers but they seem a bit pricey, but I would totally go for it if they are that worth it.

btw I need 6x9" in the back and 6.3/4" in the front

Thanks,
-A

Username: Joshualittle

Columbus, Ohio United states

Post Number: 10
I would recommend diamond audio s600s's in the front.http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=11755. And I would recommend this amp http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=6862. And I wouldn't worry about rear speakers. I had a similar setup with those speakers and they get loud and clear as hell. My buddy can do that amp for around $275 shipped by the way and if you need any help with priceing let you know. You can reach me at joshualittle1982@yahoo.com if you have any questions feel free to ask, my name is Josh.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us