What amps should i use for my subs

Username: Pcmolina

Okmulgee, Oklahoma America

Post Number: 6
i need help choosing what amps to use in my set up in my 98 jeep grand cherokee(4 or 6 type r 12" duel 4ohm subs)if i have room but at least 4. i own 7 of these subs, had 10 but blew 1 and sold 2.the amps that i have are all old school kicker amps (3 xs50s 3 zr600s 2 zr1000s)for subs.

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Houghton and/or Macomb, MI United States

Post Number: 860
Is your charging system upgraded?

If you do 4 you can use the 2 zr1000s

Doesn't look like you have enough power for 6.
and you would need at least 12cuft + port and sub displacement

I think 4 would be more appropriate for what you have.

I have 2 12" arrr's 4cuft 35hz and it fuggin pounds. Definitely irritates the ears. 4 should bang hard.

Use the sx50s for some comps... You'll need em.

Silver Member

Post Number: 861
Just realized the zr1000 puts out 1000+watts at 2ohms(correct me if Im wrong) You wont be able to give the 4 subs enough power since they wire to 1 and 4 ohms. You will need different amps if you want to do that.

Post Number: 8
the xs50s are rated at 600 rms at 1 ohm and the zr600s are 600 at 2 ohms the zr1000s are 1000 at 2 ohms.all under rated.

Post Number: 9
right now my charging system isnt upgraded but i plan on doing so soon but $$$$ kinda funny right now

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM REVOLUTION Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 347
can they be strap @ 1ohm? i know there ment for 2ohm

Post Number: 10
if i ran 2 xs50s 1ohm it would be 1200 to 1900watts.the 2 zr1000s would have to be ran at 4ohms and i dont know what they would push at that ohm load

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
i dont think they can be stapped

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
the xs50 seem to draw more current than the zr1000 thou

Silver Member

Post Number: 350
i really don't care for the kicker amps. but if u want to run 6 type r's u will need 3k rms and sounds like u don't have an ho alt so u need one!!!! even if u run 4 type r's u need 2k rms u still need an ho alt.
try http://mechman.com/

and amp's look for something better try
sundown audio 3000D
RD audio 3250.1
atomic 3000.1
theres more

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
i already own these amps and these subs. i get good deals on them because the kicker factory is here in oklahoma, if i burn them up i just take em back ind they get fixed for $60 or less most of the time the most it has cost me was $115 to get a whole new circut board. i know there is way better amps out there but thats what im working with at the moment and the zr xs and zx460 were made in the U.S. before they sold out

Silver Member

Post Number: 354
well thats cool can u get a new amp from them like the 2400 or what ever its called

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
i dont know much about there new stuff. the newest amp i had from them was a kx1200.1 and yea it got the job done but the quality wasnt as good as the older stuff.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9137
Kicker has always made very good quality amps and still does. The are not the most efficient but are good quality.

Subs are another story.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
whould it be better to run 2 12"s with a zr1000 on each. birth sheets one the amps say 1 is 1375 and the other is 1360. im going to build my own box, whats the best box for sql more sq than loud. i need some dimensions cause im not sure on how to figure out how long to make the vent. the jeep will hold up to 42" wide 30" deep and 20" high. i think 4 12"s is the most that i can fit.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
ill post pix as soon as i can, pc dont accept my camera any more,bad usb maybe

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
well i hooked up a single 12" type r in my chevy cobalt in a seald box (the box leaks though)just for testing, to 1 of my zr1000s and its way too much for a single sub(ran in 2ohms mono).would a vented box allow the sub to handle more power

Silver Member

Post Number: 881
Just set your gain for somewhere between 500 and 100rms... Those type-r's are underrated they can handle the power.

Why dont you sell some of those amps you have and buy something else?... Like 2 audioque1200D

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
they are hard to sell around here unless they are hooked up in a car. thats why im wanting to put some in my jeep.i want to sell the 12"s too so i can get some 15"s. i like the type r subs, is there some other subs out there that sre in the same price range that will out perform the type r's

Silver Member

Post Number: 892
Audioque 2.5s might.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us