Amp for Kicker CVR 12"

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 548
My brother just purchased a 12" Kicker CVR for his 2002 Stratus and now needs an amp. He needs something in the 300w rms range and is looking to spend $150-$200.

He is looking at Kicker ZX400.1 but needs more suggestions, unless this amp IS the best choice.

Thanks guys

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14506
is the sub dual 2 or dual 4ohms ....

Bronze Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 77
May I ask why he needs a 300w Amp for a CompVR 12"? I believe the CompVR 12's are 400w rms. He shouldn't start off by under-powering his sub.
Also, if he wants any kind of warranty, good luck getting a ZX400.1 for $150-$200. And IMO, no, that amp is not the best choice.
Though it's a decent amp, he can do better for the $. Like for example an AudioQue 1200D for $50 more (though it's not really that much more if you factor in tax on a $200 amp, plus shipping if he orders online) and that would leave room for him to expand/upgrade his system in the future if he wants to.

Bronze Member
Username: Tylersliva

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 100
my friend has a kicker zx750.1 for sale you can buy for 170 shipped

Username: Staffsgtspaz

Post Number: 1
I just started a system and a good friend gave me an old school orion 225 HCCA and let me say if you hook it up to its own battery supply will SHREAD. I got it hooked to (Currently) 2 old style boxed 10' kickers and it totally does what an amp should. I have a soft top chevy tracker (I know, shouldnt have speakers of that mag in it (XD) ) but a lot of sound is lost. And its really loud outside, like you can hear the words to the song and the bass. But as my first amp this Orion did amazing and hook-up was easy. As long as you mount it on some wood so it dont burn your stuff up its laying on id say try to get your hands on one of those.

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 353
^^^ did this dude copy and paste this crap on all these threads?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us