I need advice on a new head unit

Username: Bwink88

Post Number: 1
When I first started driving I had a Clarion BD216 head unit, it was far from a high end HU, but I loved the sound quality of that thing. When it stopped reading cds, I went to Best Buy and the audio guy persuaded me to buy a Kenwood KDC-MP435U. Its been a decent cd player for me, but the sound quality is aweful. It likes to magnify higher pitches while neglecting lower pitches. No amount of tweaking the equilizer controls can fix this problem. I recently switched this HU from my old car to my S10, and have found that the stock cassette player had better sound quality than my Kenwood unit. I'm not looking for a whole lot in a head unit. I don't need Ipod connectivity or bluetooth or dvd capability. I just want something that looks semi-appealing, and will run my alpine speakers and my one sub well. Does anyone have any recommendations for under $300.

Also, a friend of mine offered to sell me his Clarion DXZ665MP, can anyone tell me about the quality of this HU?

Username: Nobodys_louder

Post Number: 5
That clarion isnt one of their greatest it looks like one of their entry level version of their DX line (THD 1%), not to sure though.

But under $300 I would go with the Eclipse CD3200(THD .008%) hands down if I were you, and being that SQ is important to you. Being that they are arguably one of the best SQ HU brands out there

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=6575
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us