OT: Need Engine Noise Help

Silver Member
Username: Spandmh1

Tunnel hill, Ga AudioQue ... Usa

Post Number: 336
ok. the car is a 1992 licoln towncar. i installed the cd player from my old car which worked perfectly. after i installed the cd player, i crunk up the car and i had the old familiar whine of the alternator coming through my speakers.

there is a factory amp in the car and i had to kinda afro engineer the speakers to get them all running. nevertheless, i have engine noise coming through. any ideas on how to fix this? i tried moving the ground around and ive had no luck. there are no rca's to move away from the power wire because i do not yet have any subs or anything in it. thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Spandmh1

Tunnel hill, Ga AudioQue ... Usa

Post Number: 337
bump :-)

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2182
Do you by chance have a pioneer deck?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9084
It doesn't matter since hes not using RCA connections.

What exactly did you do with the speakers. My guess is theres a difference in resistence in the grounds of the HU and factory amp. If thats it you could fix it by bypassing the factory amp and just run the speakers on the HU.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2183
The reason I asked was that I knew someone that had a similar thing happen to them, and they had an older pioneer HU. He was running a vehicle with a factory amp as well. I don't know what ever became of the situation though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us