New Idea

Bronze Member
Username: Blkbville04

Monclova, Ohio US

Post Number: 20
Hey guys. I'm brainstorming ideas for a new setup in my trunk. I was gonna do separate boxes to get the design i want. I'm thinkin, 2 separate boxes up in the front part of my trunk, with 2 other separate boxes (4 12 inch alpine type-s) in the back in on the sides, then make a fiberglass amp rack in the middle of the 2 in the back of the trunk. I was just wondering if i would get the same kind of sound that i want by putting them all in the same size boxes, but in different places in my trunk. I also want to go with some trim on the top covered by some catchy fabric of some sort. I need some feedback on this, thanks in advance guys

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 811
If you point 2 subs one way and the other 2 subs in different direction you might get cancelation. if you point all four subs up (and ports the same way if you port the boxes) you should be ok.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Post Number: 2339
Dude Just stick with all the same subs, in the same box, for the money your spending in fabrication you can have a badazz system

and drop the Type S

theres so much better stuff out there

Bronze Member

Monclova, Ohio US

Post Number: 21
i have all the same subs, i just cant fit a big enough box in my trunk for all of them to have the right amount of space. I got the type-s for christmas last year and im not too disappointed with them. I get a new car when my brother starts driving thats why im stickin to these for now, probably droppin some fi's in there. But thanks for the feedback guys, all the subs will be stickin up too so im hopin ill be ok

Bronze Member

Monclova, Ohio US

Post Number: 36
I think im going with the cvr's, i blew an alpine and i found really cheap cvr's and someone to buy the alpines for enough to get some. I'm still doing the same setup with the different subs. should be loud for anyone that cares ;)

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1978

quote:

i found really cheap cvr's

that's because they are an inexpensive subwoofer.. How much are they gonna cost and for how many?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6023
if your going for custom buy a sub worth putting into the install..

IMO if your going to fiberglass an amp rack.. you might as well just do a fiberglass box.. make it wrap around the trunk and do the amps in the spare tire well.

Bronze Member

Monclova, Ohio US

Post Number: 38
i made a fiberglass box but it doesnt wrap around, im going with the wood boxes because it gets too cold here for me to have a fiberglass box being pounded on and risk cracking, and it takes wayyy too long for the fiberglass to dry in my garage which is not heated. As for the subs they are going to cost 60 bucks a piece for 4 of them, so 240 bucks. My neighbor has 4 of them and they absolutely pound in his explorer so im just gonna go with that. i dont have a job because of sports to pay for high end subs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us