Setup for 94 Blazer

Username: Wheelman666

Post Number: 1
Hey guys. I was searching google for places to get information on car stereos and it got me to this forum.

I've had my blazer for about 6 months now, and it's basically a peice of sh!t. I have had to fix everything on it and its completely not worth anything. I got it for like 400 bucks to just drive it off this guys property cuz it had been there for like ages, rotting and being a peice of sh!t.

So anyways, besides the truck being the worst thing to ever happen in the history of Cheverolet and the year of 1994, im doing just fine.

I only have about $400 saved up to put into a stereo, I was thinking a new CD player and a small subwoofer with low wattage capabilities. I dont want it to drain all the power from this sh!tty fkn car, or rattle it in half cuz its built so fkn ghay.

This car is just to get me through the first cpl years of college, so i know 400 isnt much. But i like to listen to rap and need some bass.

However, i dont want the bass too much, i dont have tinted windows and i dont want all the attention going towards me cuz i will be embarassed for being in such a peice of sh!t driving around playing rap like a total tool.

Upload

Alright thanks for any help!

P.S. my friend said Kenwood is about as good as Alpine - pure sh!t..... So I should get JVC or Sony since they're top of the line, is he right?

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1766
yeah I've heard bad things about chevy blazers. The engines are only known to last up to 50k ive heard.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1070
i have had 3 blazers. i just sold my last one and it had well over 50k as much as i drive.
and don't ask me y but blazers seem to get louder than you would think they would.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9065
Wow some real morons in here.

" I got it for like 400 bucks to just drive it off this guys property cuz it had been there for like ages, rotting and being a peice of sh!t. "

So the thing had been sitting for ages and you wonder why it has problems. Just wow. Ya can't let a vehicle just sit for that long.

" The engines are only known to last up to 50k ive heard. "

Fail 4.3 engines last well over 200k if taken care of. Emphasis on that last part.

I've got BLK beat between me and my family we've had 4 blazers from 89-02.... all good vehicles, I've got one over 185k, sold another over 200k

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9066
" my friend said Kenwood is about as good as Alpine - pure sh!t..... So I should get JVC or Sony since they're top of the line, is he right? "

I guess his friends about as smart as him.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1767
im callin BS here.

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1537
for head unit id look for a jvc or alpine
subs look into RE RE8s 50 each

Username: Wheelman666

Post Number: 2
so what equipment should I get?

Also MS, the guy I got the truck from said it had problems even when it was driven all the time, he says its a poorly built vehicle. I basically took it off his hands because i was broke.

And my friend knows alot about stereos. I dont know what you meant by that smart comment. I have heard from alot of people that Alpine is a joke.

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Houghton and/or Macomb, MI United States

Post Number: 818
Alpine is not a joke by any means. They make amazing head units, Amps that do rated power, and some decent subs. Not everything kenwood is bad, they make a few good things like HUs. JVC makes some nice headunits, but i dont know how good anything else they make is. aaaaand sony is pretty much garbage entirely.

"And my friend knows alot about stereos."

^Based off of what he told you: No... not really.

Anyway, are you able to build your own box? Can you install the system yourself or do you have a friend that can?

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1074
well i have been looking at a lot of HU and this one seems to be bout the best for the money.
Pioneer DEH-P6900UB
i saw it for 89 bucks on ebay.

build ur own box and i would say for a blazer get an 18 but for only 400 i don't have much i can think off.

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1075
the last blazer i had i sold it and it had 99,000 miles on it. it was a 2000, sold it for 5400 then i got my 2000 golf for 4800 and it had 92,000. i thought i did pretty good. with the way gas was at the time. plus with me driving a good hour and a half or more everyday i have saved a ton of money. went from 17 mpg to 36 mpg!.... until i put the wall in it.. now i get just under 30

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Houghton and/or Macomb, MI United States

Post Number: 820
A single 15 would be more reasonable than an 18 on that budget.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9069
1) Blazers are great reliable vehicles I've got expierence to prove that

2) Alpine HUs are top is the line equipment. JVC, Clarion, and eclipse are also good.

3) Sony HUs are bottom of the barrel.

4) Your friend aboiously knows nothing about car audio

And I'm done with this thread on account of it being a huge fail.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1768
i don't think i'll ever buy a blazer because of all the bad things i hear about them breaking down.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us