Hifonics gone bad....

Bronze Member
Username: Blkbville04

Monclova, Ohio US

Post Number: 16
My Hifonics Titan TXi-6406 4 channel amp has gotten messed up and i need some opinions about this. Ok well i have it in my car with my switch for it turned off no subs hooked up. Then i put my subs back in for a while and what do ya know, when i hook it up my fuse is blown. I think oh well ill put another in. I put another in, and it blows. Repeat this 2 more times till i realize i have a problem. So i put a fuse in without the power hooked up, and the fuse doesnt blow, no short. So then i put the power wire back in and it starts sparking like crazy. I freak out and get pissed off cuz i paid for it about 8 months ago. So i hook up my Swiss Audio amp that i got from my uncle's company, and it works like a charm. I dont want this investment to go to waste so i was wondering if someone knows whats wrong or how i can fix it. Thanks for reading - Brian E.

Bronze Member
Username: Jason420

PIMP CITY, GA USA

Post Number: 17
your amp is gone pos an neg are touching in side of it.how was your subs wired

Bronze Member
Username: Kissdaredevil

Post Number: 53
if you paid for it about 8 months ago it's probably still under warranty. check it out.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9057
Yep that amp is toast

That series of hifonics are complete crap so that is not suprising at all.

Bronze Member
Username: Blkbville04

Monclova, Ohio US

Post Number: 23
God damnit. Thanks though guys. I had each sub running on a channel cuz it doesnt go one ohm stable and i didnt want to bridge is cuz when i wired them i was new to the game, didnt know any better. I called maxxsonics and they said they needed my receipt which i have since lost so im screwed

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14510
perhaps the place u got it from have records of ur receipt ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us