4 12's, help please

Username: Ericmb

Waycross, Ga. United States

Post Number: 1
I have 4 RF p3 12's and 2 1400 watt crunch amps but don't have them hooked up yet, or enclosed. I think i'm going to just use 2 of them and one amp for now because i don't think my alternator will handle it. I was wondering what the best way to run them would be. (At what ohm and such) and what type of enclosure would best fit my system?

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Post Number: 593
your alt will probably hold up. crunch amps are way overrated. depending on which crunch amss you have they might really put out like 600 to 700 watts rms.

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1518
please dont take offense to this but sounds like they are still returnable if so i would becuase we can get you a much better setup for the cash.

if not what are the subs vc config? d2ohm d10hm q2ohm ect ect? as well as what are the amps specs?

as far as box i would go ported for more output and make it yourself DONT buy a prefab.

"I think i'm going to just use 2 of them and one amp for now because i don't think my alternator will handle it"

yes sir if you have a stock alt you dont wanna run more than 1200rms

Post Number: 2
well i really don't know much about amps and someone told me about them so i figured i would give them a shot. I havent purchased the amps yet soo im up for your requests. haha
The amps are Cruch P1400.2
and the subs are d2ohm

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1519
what is your budget? are the subs returnable they arent the worst subs out there but i bet we can do better for you for the cash?

Post Number: 3
well im all for spl. i dont want something that sounds TOO shitty but am more interested in SPL. my budget is probably around 900 dollars. and i can probably do 1000. and thats just for subs and amps

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1521
ok if you want pure spl look into
ficaraudio.com their BTL
ddaudio.com 9500 series

im sure some guys can give you more opinions but great place to start i personlally have a BTL and love it and have heard 9500 series loud as hell.

Post Number: 4
well i was getting 2 12" btl's and 2 amps but was alot more than what my RF system costs. im not sure about the other. any ideas on a better amp for not TOO much?

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1522
do a single 15 or 18 btl and that will be more than plenty for you in the correct box i promise if you cant build your own box bj fisher can do so for you but remembering now that you have a stock alt you would need to go with a BL and maybe a kx1250.1

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1826
do you mind used? if not i have a system that will slam for ya in that price range.

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1523
^scott knows a thing about spl and is a great guy deff look into what he has is that the alpha?

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

St. Louis ILLsideU.S.A.

Post Number: 413
x2 scott ftw

Post Number: 5
well i think i want to keep the 4 12's being that i already have a box for them and selling and rebuying will all be a hassle for me. Any amps you guys would like to put out there for me ideal for my subs? And how about how i need to run the subs and amp?

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1827
all 4 on a rd3250 will be loud wired at 1ohm. your electrical will need a upgrade. if int. i can can pm you a price. let me know

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2146
What vehicle do you have?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14459
but y run 2 amps when 1 monoblock will do the job ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us