Got the 50# monster today. *PICS*

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1800
Got the RD5750.1 in today.. It is built like a tank.. I was confused at first.. It has the old Rd5000.1 heatsink but the PCB was replaced with the 2008 RD5750.1 PCB.. I went ahead and pulled out my backseats and threw together a lil' temporary amprack untill I wall it out with a 3rd 18.. My 260 amp. Mechman Alt was shipped to me on Wed. and should arrive on Monday(hopefully).. I am really enjoying the H.U. I bought from Sean... U.S.B. FTMFW! Got a 8gb. memory stick and still have plenty of room on it. The amprack is not complete but it will get me by for now. I will soon be trashing the Redtop. and replacing it with my SVR under the hood. Steve Miller is finding me a couple of batteries (70#'ers) to go in the back.. I ran my grounds straight to the frame rail under the Jeep.. Will see how this works out.. Also grounded battery to the same frame rail.. Added a lil 2 channel Alpine amp (30 wrms x2) to run 2 more Pioneer 22mm silk dome tweets and give a lil boost to my Cadence Clv Comp set.. I will soon be adding custom fiberglass Kickpods with a set of 6.5"Diamond Hex's. Will need to find a good amp to push about 180-200 wrms/ channel to drive them.. At that time the lil Alpine amp and pioneer tweets will be history. But evert lil bit in the fronstage helps.

Got the Bass boost all the way down and the gain it maybe 1/16-1/8 of the way up as a starting point. Not gonna do much fine tuning until I get the Alt. installed. And even then I'll have to worry about smokin' the subs. a 5750.1 is a lil overkill for 2 18" Alpha's v.2 @ .5 ohms. With these settings on the same charging, It already (easily) hits harder than the 2 bxi2005's did. But couldn't really jam for too long due to voltage drop. Still have a long way to go.. Thanks for taking the time to read this...

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2471
Nice!!

"Thanks for taking the time to read this..."

I really did read all of it Mark,just b/c its 6am and Im very bored lol.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1617
What kind of vehicle is that? I'm very pleased with the Mechman 260 I'm now running. Looking good.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1801
lol Twiz.. U Da Man..

Troy,
Fuse blocks look familiar? lol
BTW what happened to the package that I was supposed to get(fuses)?

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 455
I feel bad for that everstart and red top. That amp will need you to replace them batteries with a AGM under the hood and 2-3 group 31 AGM's in the back.

When you get the individual ANL holders it will also help. Really just be carefull until you get the electrical needed. The amp runs risk of failure, running hot, running with higher T.H.D. with impropper electrical.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14439
now thats a kick @ss amp ...

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22880
that truly is a monster.

RD FTMFW!!!

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19129
Lots of wiring. Nice stuff. RD amp looks like it wants out of the cage lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1804
lol.... That is an everstart battery box... It is a SVR audio series Battery.. Well I haven't changed the gains or anything but I took a lil drive with a buddy to check voltage drop. First off, The 18's really came alive... On sustained bass notes the lowest reading I got on the DMM was 10.84 but it hovered in the 11.23 to 12.55 range with peaks in the lower 13v area.. Even at idle it never got below 10.84v and that is on the 132 amp stock alt.

For having this amp cut back so much, and voltage not being kept in the 12.5-14v range it still really hammers these subs... I mean REALLY HAMMERS THESE SUBS! So when my alt. is installed and I get the better batts, I'm not sure that these subs will last long(even if it is a clean signal) on this much power unless I can control my urges to turn the Subwoofer knob on my EQ( not bass boost or gain) .. I don't want to fry these subs and I will feel much better when I get a 3rd 18. After running around the back roads for about 20-30 mins messin with it, The amp was still cool to the touch, which made me feel better.

Steve, Is there something wrong with the ANL fused distribution block that I have on the amp? It should have the same function as the Tsumani's that I have coming.. At least I thought it did. It has 0/1 awg. input with separate 0/1 awg outputs each with a 300 amp fuse on each output.. Or are you saying that a 0/1 awg that I have going into the fused distro block would get significantly better current if each fused input was ran directly from the battery and not split?

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3443
Looks good man...

Get that electrical up! Id hate to see you pop that amp.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1735
dont even let it drop to 10 man.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1619
Hey mark btw you got some fuses headed your way, sorry it took soooo long to ship! Should be there this week though.

You would get less resistance with a 2 seperate runs of 1/0 instead of that split single run. Don't know that it would make an enormous difference but it should make some.

I'm to the point now where I NEVER let anything drop below 12.5v, I figure if its that big a strain I should buy more alts or batts or something lol. Last time I let it drop to 10.5 I had to send an amp in for refurb :-( Never did that again.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5932
that box your currently running does not have enough port area :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 1807
"I'm to the point now where I NEVER let anything drop below 12.5v, I figure if its that big a strain I should buy more alts or batts or something lol. Last time I let it drop to 10.5 I had to send an amp in for refurb Never did that again."

I was just doing some testing to see where I stand... I am patient enough to wait till the time is right b4 I let em rip. Or will it be more like R.I.P. lol hope not..

"that box your currently running does not have enough port area "

I let all of Steve Miller's peep's do the testing, lol... I built the box that Steve designed with the exception of Double-baffling top and bottom and all-thread. It is a very musical box that hits the lows great and the Highs are astounding.. This will all change when I add the 3rd yadda yadda yadda, lol I am sure y'all are tired of hearing about that.lol

Thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9028
Hard to tell but that looks like a frame ground?

I like. Too many people ground to the body and then wonder where their electrical bottleneck is. Hmmm, mabybe that little strap grounding the body, lol.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4808
Looks good Mark. I was in the studio last night when you called and didn't get home until like 4AM.

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 458
yes it is better to run seperate 0g wires to get the current to the amp but if you drop 10.8 now it will drop even more with 2 wires.

I think with the alt and couple more batteries you will stay above 12v

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1527
looking good mark - that thing is a beast

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM REVOLUTION Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 322
looks good mark. when doin the test shot a vid lol

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10984
Nice Mark. Get that electrical up to par so you can run it the way you want anytime.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us