Help make my trunk in to a box

Username: Jason420

PIMP CITY, GA USA

Post Number: 9
i need i to be able to build my trunk into a box using very little plywood and Plexiglas an still keep my trunk viewable Upload

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2126
By "viewable" do you mean so you can still work on stuff easy? or so you can still use it for hauling/storing things?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5930
for one you need to be using 3/4" MDF... and for that 12" your better off building a normal box and just building beauty panels to box it off in the trunk

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5931
btw, get a better wiring kit and a nice set of RCAs not designed for cheap home use

PIMP CITY, GA USA

Post Number: 10
i would like my speaker in half the trunk and my amps in the other "cheap home use" black wire going to 80wt tweeter amp used it in a pinch lots of upgrades coming i was thinking about 2 12" an 2 amps any thoughts

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2500
What kind of subs and amps are you looking at?

Bronze Member

PIMP CITY, GA USA

Post Number: 11
the same subs as i have an maybe a hifonics brutus 2000 watt mono

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 808
maybe u should do a IB setup....would make your trunk still "viewable" and use less of the materials u stated above.

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 809
if it were me, i'd run an IB setup, make a false floor to hold ur amps, with a small peice of plexi so u can see them there and call it a day.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9029
If it were me I'd build a proper enclosure so my speaker didn't sound like azz.

Bronze Member

PIMP CITY, GA USA

Post Number: 13
''If it were me I'd build a proper enclosure so my speaker didn't sound like azz''.so mainstream i am looking for original an my speaker does not sound like azz

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5934
when it comes to systems its not likely your doing something that has not been done

just build a proper enclosure and build beauty panels.

if you don't understand that im not sure what else to say lol..

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1345
jason,
M.S. is just tryin to give you some constructive critisism.

from the looks of the pic, you know what you want, but just dont know how to get it. do what Jack Skellington (kevin) said and build a good lookin box and then make beauty panels to make it look nice and neat. its easier and you will probably get a better sound that way. plus its less hassle.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2129
"looking for original an my speaker does not sound like azz"

I can't imagine it sounding good if it's the same way as shown in that pic, sorry.

You are basically wanting to wall off your trunk, so make sure the trunk is COMPLETELY sealed off from your cabin. You will still need to build an enclosure for the trunk side of the sub, as there is too much airspace in your trunk for your sub. Maybe you could use a piece of Plexiglas on the back side of the box, so you can still see the sub. Add some beauty panels like jack recommended and mount your amp(s), EQ, and any distro blocks on them (if you have the extra material that is). Then you would still have part of the floor in your trunk to use as a cargo area.

Bronze Member

PIMP CITY, GA USA

Post Number: 14
thank u everybody for your input i want my sub facing the cabin. an yes the trunk needs to be completely sealed off from the cabin, i was planing to use half the trunk for the sub/ box and the other for my amp i just needing to know what to use to seal everything in the trunk up ...ok my sub did not sound great but was making decent pressure in my ears.i want to when its all done enter it in a car show

Bronze Member

PIMP CITY, GA USA

Post Number: 15
well i just bought another clif designs 12 just like the one at the top.what do think would be better i can wire them to 0.5ohm or 2ohm i can get a hifonics Brutus 2000wt mono for $250 this amp can only get to 2ohm at 1300wt would they sound better on half_ohm amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us