RD Audio or Audio Q

Username: Stl_style

Post Number: 5
Which sub is the highest quality, the clearest at the lowest range and requires the least amount of power to perform at full potentional. HDC312 or Alpha V.2

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

St. Louis ILLsideU.S.A.

Post Number: 395
Based on what I've read (which is a lot). The Alpha v.2

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3322
two different subwoofers, the alpha will have more of a full sound, and hit the low lows a lot better. the hdc3 is more of a "peakier" subwoofer

Post Number: 8
I appreciate your comments and will take them into consideration Fa Show!!! Cozce I'm from the LOU also. Nice to meet you. I'm from the North Side. Hit me up if you get a chance. Lance.dickson@hotmail.com
Thanks Fellows

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1755
another note on the Alpha... It hits the higher Fq's VERY nicely... My 18's(tuned to 35 hz) hit the highs way better than my solo X's (tuned to 45 hz.). And still murders the lows..

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 518
alpha v.2 FTW!!

Silver Member

St. Louis ILLsideU.S.A.

Post Number: 397
Lance, I'm actually from the Illinois side of the river, but I'm like 15 minutes away from downtown St.Louis.

Post Number: 9
Yeah I used to hangout on the Eastside all the time. Frequent visitor of the "Mono" (Monostary) and the "slip" (pink slip) LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Number: 10
I have a Dodge Charger R/T; should I go with 2 15's or 3 12's, Alpha V2 that is? I'm looking for great SQ of course, but also want the ability to shake the panels with Loud Low Freq, when I need to. I'm currently running 2 12W7, and frankly, I'm not impressed.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1518
2 15s ported are hard to fit in a trunk

3 12s ported would be hard to fit as well and would give you a funny ohm load

what dont you like about the W7s?
ported or sealed?
what amp?
do you have any electrical upgrades?

Silver Member

St. Louis ILLsideU.S.A.

Post Number: 398
How much you looking to spend on an amp bud? Yeah, I'm over here in Fairview Heights, right around Belleville and East Saint.

PS: 2 15's have more cone area than 3 12's and should be easier to get "loud".

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
I just purchased to RD 1750.1 and looking to add 3 Alpha V.2 Hey Cozce you sure 2 15's have more cone are than 3 12's If you add the circumference I believe the 3 12's have more cone area.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Daniel, I had a ZX1500.1 running the W7's and a 5 farad powercap, no electrical upgrades. the ZX was only 2 ohm stable and the W7's are 3 ohms a piece so when I wired them @ 1.5 it sent the amp in protective mode. The only other way I knew how to wire them was in series which put me @ 6 ohms and the W7's hit pretty hard, but was not setting any world records lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Cozce I had about 1,200. I'm interested to know what amp you would recomend? What's your opinnion on the RD Amps?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1519
that seems odd - after box rise it seems you would be above 2 ohms

the RD 1750 is a nice amp, i just put in my 3250 last weekend

the 1750 probably isnt enough for 3 12s - i would talk to scott s on the forum as he has 2 alphas off a fresh recone for sale

the 2 15s would have slightly more cone area - but it is hard to fit 2 15s ported in a trunk

area= pi x radius squared

to figure the 12s would be - 6x6x3.14=113
113x3=339

2 15s would be - 7.5x7.5x3.14=176.6
176.6x2=353.2

the 15s would have slightly more cone area but difficult to fit with the correct box size and port area

2 alpha 12s wired down to .5 ohms would be loud

Gold Member

Post Number: 1520
you just have to have the electrical to back it up

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
How do you like the 3250? I was going to run 2 1750's on the 3 alpha's. So I should go with 2 15's instead? I have a 160 amp altenator How many batteries do you think I would need to run both 1750's?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1522
i really like the 3250, just cant turn it up all the way yet because i still have to put some batteries in the trunk

either way its going to be tough to fit 3 12s or 2 15s in a trunk in the proper enclosure - along with room for your extra batteries and amps

im not very good with battery selection...look in to kinetik, oddysee, powermaster, optima

get the biggest you can fit up front and a big one for the trunk - that would be a good start, then just watch your voltage and add more batteries if need be

i would go with 2 12s if i were you though

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9015
Both companies make very good amps and subs

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1816
both companys make good products. the alpha would be a better choice for low end.
yes i have some alpha's yet i could also sell him a 3250. that would be a good combo. you will need some elec. upgrades to run that much power daily.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Scott, how much for the 2 alpha's and the 3250?

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3018
does anyone know what ohm load you get wiring 2 single 3 ohm subs together? I assume it's a little goofy. granted, you're getting around 16-1700rms at 2 ohms with the kicker because that's a strong amp, but if you're running at 4 ohms or somthing, then each sub is only getting 400 rms. but idk what ohm load you're seeing.

my buddy had a 500/1 on a 12w7 HO box in his rsx and it killllllllled. granted it was a tiny rsx but it slammed close to as hard if not harder than my tc3k 15 on 1700 rms

Gold Member

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1818
pm sent

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10971
"does anyone know what ohm load you get wiring 2 single 3 ohm subs together?"

1.5 ohms or 6 ohms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Cal, I think I just wasn't supplying the Kicker with enough power. I was afraid of keeping it wired at 1.5 ohms because of some messages I read in different forums, saying "it wouldn't last long" + it was going into protect. I sold it 2 days ago for 300.00 wish I had talked to you first. Should have bought a battery d@mn! Is the RD 1750.1 Stronger than the Kicker ZX 1500.1?

Gold Member

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1819
did you get the pm lance

Gold Member

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1822
pm replied

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Sean when I wired them in series I believe it was 6 ohms. When I wired them together ++ -- I suspect it was 1.5 right? New at this stuff Bra.

Silver Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 492
1750.1 is putting out 1700+ watts @1 ohm. unless u got the new 1750.1 witch is putting out 2100+ watts @ 1 ohm. also look in to the sonance they can be put in a sealed in box and still be loud. i about to be running 2 18" sonance on 2 1750 @ 2 ohms and they get low. sonance ftw

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
KT they have a new 1750.1 that is putting out 2100 @ 1 ohm? It's not on their website. how did you find out about it? I just got both 1750's today.

Silver Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 495
i have talk to Steve miller about it it is a promo type.

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 456
2009 1750 is not even out yet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us