Quantum audio???

Username: Lowburban

Grand bay, Al United States

Post Number: 1
i am trying to find out if this amp is over rated or is it worth buying. it is a class d 1500 watt with 4 25 amp fuses.

Bronze Member
Username: Toyotwincamgt

Arroyo, Puerto Rico United States

Post Number: 11
maybe 1000rms @ 1ohm

Silver Member
Username: Shak180

Hayward, California Usa

Post Number: 176
its not 1 ohm stable even though i have read posts where people say they have taken it down to 1 ohm no problem but in the owners manual it says its 1500 watts at 2ohms and its overrated i read somewhere its actually about 1080 watts rms at 2 ohms

i had a qs1500d like 2 years ago sold it to my buddy and he was using it up until a few weeks ago when he got some rockford fosgate amps

the amp was good to me it powered 4 12's at one point it wasn't anything crazy just 2 pioneers and 2 rockford fosgate p2's

the pioneers were mine and i asked my buddy if i could borrow his p2's just to see what 4 12's was like and it did it for the 2 weeks i had them in my car

we might be using the quantum amp in the next month or 2 my buddy wants to change up his setup and do one good 10 inch sub like a RE sub or a rockford fosgate T1 and to save money we might use the quantum amp

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9017
quantum = complete crap, power ratings are basiclly pulled out of the sky..... amps do nowhere near claimed power

Silver Member
Username: Shak180

Hayward, California Usa

Post Number: 180
i never had any problems with the amp while i had it and after i sold it to my friend he never said anything bad about it

i'm sure you're right that it didnt do what it said it does power wise

but otherwise it has lasted 2 years and still work to this day its just not hooked up at the moment, and i was always playing my music loud and my friend always played his music loud too so the amp did work hard for us

theres way better amps out there

but when i bought the amp i never knew about online shopping and these subwoffer forums, i just bought what the local car audio shop had for sale and it worked out
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us