Modify a prefab box???

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Bangn aint easy ....when u g...

Post Number: 4085
I have a old box for 2 13" JL W7's sealed.... my guy i sold a DD9515 to back in the day wants me to see if can use the box... i think i prob can as i should still have about 3cu ft.~ish after displacement i would cut out the front of the box and add aero's for ports most likly and i can get the 14' cutout for the 15 but the box has angles.... anyone care to help me out with some measurements n stuff to redesign the box a bit... i havnt built one in a long time so i would prolly be a lil rusty and never used aeros b4.... would b powered with a kicker zx1500.1 at 2ohm.... let me kno and id get measurements and pics of the box..

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19048
What's the prefab box made from? Hate to see that 15" DD in a box made with 1/2" MDF.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Bangn aint easy ....when u g...

Post Number: 4087
3\4inch mdf it can handle it im gunna put extra screws threw it its a solid box i made a box for 2 with same wood it handled it fine

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2120
Box dimensions?

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1059
i would cover it in fiber glass resin too

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 515
i did something like that a few weeks ago, i took my box for my 2 12" Rockford fosgate punch hx2's and took another shitty prefab box, tore it apart used that mdf to cover the hole, moved the two ports from the middle of the box to the side, recovered it in carpet, and vinyl sections, i dont know how to figure out the exact volume, but i measured it out and without the port and sub displacement it is 4.3 cubes, i put in my 12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2 wired it to 1 ohm off my Orion 2500d, and it pounded, was impressed for a hack job, isnt the perdiest thing but she shure does pound :-)

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2121
I chop up all my old boxes lol. Kinda use them as a test box when I get a new sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us