Sony xplode Wiring

Username: Rocker104104

Post Number: 1
I just bought a Sony xplode CDX-GT130 stereo. I'm putting it in my 1995 nissan altima. I got the old stereo out and the harness thing with all the wires didn't fit. the new stereo came with one that fit it but i had to connect the wires. I cut the wires and connected all but the 2 blue wires on the new stereo, and the red ones coming from the car. My diagram says that the red ones are lumination wires. But the sony stereo doesn't have wires for that. i'm totally confused. NO i don't have an adapter thing. Yes i'm new at this.
Also what do i do with the grounding wire?

Bronze Member
Username: Coreyh6987

J-Town, NC USA

Post Number: 44
Those two blue wires are for a power antenna & remote turn-on for an external amplifier. If the radio does not have an illumination wire then dont hook it up. You hook the ground wire (black) to the ground wire on the harness or you can ground it to metal on the car....

Username: Rocker104104

Post Number: 2
Can i have a wiring diagram for it? It's confusing as hell! I already cut the old harness that plugs into the old radio off. So buying a harness adapter is out of the question.

Bronze Member
Username: That_guy_u_dont_know

Kaplan, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 53
if u hook all the wires up as they or color coded u should not have a problem the blue wires or like he said power antenna and remote turn-on also known as remote wire for your amp u dont need that unless ur puting amo and subs and if the red wires arent on your radio then they have no purpose ignore them tape them so they dont short or anything... ground wire just screw it t othe metal and that should be fine a part of metal with no paint if u can find if not scrap the paint off but there should be a paintless spot behind the radio
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us