Bwnz-Needs Good BASS!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Subbin

Post Number: 17
K, so what would you guys think would be the best setup ( 1 12" sub, amp, sub box, amp/sub wiring, capacitor ( do i need one?)) I got a 2009 c300 benz with harmon kardon speakers . I want my budget to be $1000 or under including everything. I would like a mix of SQ and SPL. Space does not matter and i don't want it to rattle to much but want to turn heads. ( my knowledge for subs/amps is not that great so ya lol )

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1594
how much trunk space do you want to use?

with that budget id pretty much say your limited to 1200 rms.

if it was me and i had $1000 to spend on a single 12 and amp. i would probably get the id max. or possibly the W7 (only cuz its within budget)

that will leave you with $500 for amp and wires at least. any 1200 watt amp will do as long as its true 1200 watts.

i would look at the infinity mono blocks or jbl. they are very nice amps, under rated and reasonably priced. also look into phoenix gold.

Buy a 0/1 wire kit from knukonceptz.com

Build your self a nice ported box ~$50 and your all set.

not sure how much you wanna tear into your benz but if it was me id do the big three as well with 1/0.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1595
also look into the ssa icon.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
"how much trunk space do you want to use?"

3/4 of the trunk

"with that budget id pretty much say your limited to 1200 rms."

i don't even want that many rms i want about 600-1200

"Build your self a nice ported box ~$50 and your all set."

I would if i knew how to, and what is the difference between ported and sealed?

"not sure how much you wanna tear into your benz but if it was me id do the big three as well with 1/0."

huh? lol lost me man i don't no that much about sub/amps so you have to be more clear

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14414
holy shitt they even dropped the price by 50 bux to $450 ...

http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_21&products_id=759&osCsid=4 986e96906ad7afbbf8aaf795237324c

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19029
"not sure how much you wanna tear into your benz but if it was me id do the big three as well with 1/0."

huh? lol lost me man i don't no that much about sub/amps so you have to be more clear

He means the wiring between your battery, alt and ground. The more power you run the more you want to assure your wiring can efficiently and safely handle it. 1/0 is a good standard size for most applications.

"Build your self a nice ported box ~$50 and your all set."

I would if i knew how to, and what is the difference between ported and sealed?

Sealed is simply a closed box. Ported is a box with the use of tuned ports being round or slotted. Slightly more complicated but worth the effort in output. The choice depends on the intention of your system.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19030
"holy shitt they even dropped the price by 50 bux to $450 ... "

I think you're going to see more of that everywhere shortly.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14415
i bet ppl here probably wondering why i mentioned it a few times as a good deal its because i have worked with that combo a few mths back & the SQL is sometimes unbearable to sit in the car ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14416
yep the economy is having a toll even on the car audio industry too ...

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1596
forget what i said get what Rovin reccomended. you will be happy. that nine.1 will do numbers on your electrical tho. you might want to have a shop do the big 3 for you and get a good batt under the hood with the xtra money you will save.

Silver Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 488
i have rd audio 1000d refurbished amp for 200 shipped. it puts out 1200 rms @1 ohm.

i would talk to kevin holden with www.low-hz.com lowhz01@yahoo.com is his email

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1600
^^^ thats a great deal.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
i don't want to buy used stuff, because you never know what its been through.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1330
buying used from a pawn shop is one thing, however, buying from people who treat their equipment well is totally different. i would not hesitate to buy used items from MANY of the members on this forum. Why? because they take care of their sh!t
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us