Maybe you guys can help...

Username: Fistofgod

Post Number: 4
ive got an adire audio brahma mk1 thats been freshly reconed by fi...im looking to implement it into my home audio system...i just need some suggestions for box size...ive got a crown ce1000 professional audio amp that im gona put on it...1000rms @ 4 ohms...i want to port it and tune it extremely low...like below 25 hz...as i have some mains that can handle the upper bass...but refrain from playin the real low stuff...thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1658
Maybe Paul or B-rad can chime in on this one. maybe 8-10 cubes at 24 hz... with aeroports..

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3438
Size would help BIG TIME!

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19011
Your thread in the home audio section states you're in a dorm room.

Do you really want to push a 1000w sub in a dorm?

I say this because I have a 1000w HT sub and it shakes the house.....a ton. Are you looking to knock pictures off the wall three doors down lol?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14406
that noise might encourage ppl to come jack ur stuff too ...

Post Number: 6
im movin to a house this next semester...so it would only be for a little while...

Post Number: 7
bump

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19047
My 18" is in 9.5cu's and seems quite adequate. The beauty with aero's are their versatility and ease of adjustment. Get your box built and fine tune it with the ports.

25hz is low but still well above human threshold.

Let er rip!

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1715
20 hz is is about as low as we can hear

Silver Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 219
I have a Fi Q in a 11.5 cuft box tuned to ~14hz. Why? because it provides for a very flat response and it reaches well into the subsonics for movies. Its called a EBS alignment or LLT (large and Low Tuned).

I suppose it depends on what you are shooting for.

Post Number: 8
yea ik that 20 hz is as low as you can hear...but in a car low frequencies are naturally gained because of the cabin specs...which is why you tune it higher (30hz-50hz) in home audio to get a more flat response ive always heard its best to tune subwoofers very low...plus...i have 2 other 15's that play the bass/mid bass....this thing is just there to play the really low stuff...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us