1500wrms to work with

Silver Member
Username: Xstokes88

San Antonio, Texas United states

Post Number: 131
recently blew 2 12 L7s. glad their gone. now its time to move on to bigger and better. i was wondering if anybody has ever put a 15 in a new edge mustang (1999-2004) if a 15 wont fit im looking for a single 12 that slams but retains pretty good SQ

current equipment
Rockford rf X7 mono (1500rms @ 2ohm)
0/1 guage wire power and ground
optima yellow top (maybe 1 1/2 years old)
looking to do big 3
also need a new box if anybody is willing to help

interested in: (not limited to)
RE SX 15
fully loaded FI BL 15
HDC3 15
Audiopulse Revo 15
(will the subs in this list take 1500rms a couple hours a day? i drive alot and dont want to let the smoke out)

im leaning more towards SQL. (more spl oriented) been down the straight spl road and it just didnt do it for me. im open to any suggestions. thanks in advance.

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
have to head off to class. forgot to list budget. not looking to spend more than 350. not looking to get flamed over the L7s lol i was "young"

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3868
Fi Q

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 796
fi Q w/ BP option

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
what does the Q compare to?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1647
look at Daniels Treo SSX if you can fit it... it is dual 1 ohm so it would work with that amp.. Although that sub can handle more power. Treo(I have said it MANY times) is one of my fav's. I guarntee that sub will POUND and still maintain good SQ!

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14407
well everybody is buying RD audio these days .....

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
what is daniels sn? might be interested in the SSX

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
ok been searching threads. looks like he sold it. looks like its been around lol. looked to be in pretty good shape. i think im going to wait to buy until i find another SSX in good shape. that treo has me sold. thanks guys. btw has anybody fit a 15 in a 99-04 mustang, and what size box did you use. thanks

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3886
Treo has good products but there CS is one of the worst.

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
thanks for the tip. i was looking to get an SSX in good shape. if anybody knows where to get a good SSX for a fair price let me know.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2745
great amp :-)

i'm running an HDC315 off my X7 right now, and it's handling every bit of it. the birth sheets of the amp usually read about 1600-1800wrms btw.

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
yes mine read 1698. the amp runs like a champ. how does ur HD sound. it was a sub i was looking at but havent talked to anybody who has heard it first hand.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2746
well for a single driver setup it isn't bad. it's not sq orientated by any means, but it doesn't sound bad in any manner. it is a very capable (54lb) speaker, but i don't have the proper charging to bring out my systems full potential. i'd say i'm pushing 1000w at the most. oem 80a alternator ftl. overall i'm happy with it though.

not sure exactly how much my amp puts out because it didn't come with a birth sheet, but it's probably around what yours is if i had to guess.

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
i am also looking for a custom box. does anybody know someone who has made enclosures for mustangs. it has wierd angles and a very small opening.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us