Lulz @ another local shop...

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7072
So, a guy came in w/ a 8" L7 and wanted a box build. I priced the box for him (behind the seat of a mini-truck), but told him I needed to see the sub to match him up w/ an amp (to check VC's). He has been the little guy on an older ~150-175wrms pioneer amp. He came back in w/ the sub and the spider was torn right at the triple joint...~2/3's of the way around. the VC was is fine shape though, not even slightly darkened. Well, I have seen this w/ L7/L5 8's and 10's quite a bit. So I told him to take it to where he got it and see if it was still in warranty.

Well, he came back in today and is going w/ a DD510 instead of the 8L7 because the other shop told him it was $180 to have it repaired. The other shop also told him the spider ripped because he was running it on too little power. LOL.

Also, the sub was originally in a box they built.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14396
did u get a look at his old box to figure if it was too big or something

what amp for his new dd ...

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2396
Rovin you should hook him up with one of your secret SEALED SPL BOXES

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14399
if i were living in the usa id probably damn well open a box shop with CNC machine & all the top equipment ....

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3860
Kicker dont repair subs and send them back to you,they send you a BNIB sub for what they think is a good price.

What amp was used for the DD510"?(cf.Hz)

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7073
Yea, I figured they were not really going to "repair" it. They are just going to make the guy pay dealer+shipping for a new sub.

The DD510 will be in 1.3cuft tuned to ~40hz on paper w/ a 4" PSP port...but the port will load against the passenger side wall of the truck, so in-car tuning will be much lower.

He is going to start off w/ the old ~175w pioneer amp, but I want to get him into a DDA2 (360w) later on. My get him talked into a DD1510 over the DD510 though. Then I'll have got him in a DD SS1a (500w)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us