Speaker Problems

I recently bought and installed a new pioneer cd receiver and have been having some problems with my speakers. Sometimes when I drive, the speakers would just go dead and no sound would go through any of my four speakers. I checked the to see if the speaker wires were connected correctly, and it was. I don't know what's wrong. If anybody can help me out please post a repy. Thanks

Adam
they could be doing 2 things. 1. grounding out. If they cut out completely and your deck still has power, then your deck has shut them off because one of the terminals or wires is exposed to metal. Check your wiring to make sure none of it can touch metal at the speakers and behind the radio. 2. at least 1 speaker is going bad. Your deck will cut off sound if 1 speaker is reading wrong, and it can be temporary if the speaker is beginning to go bad.

Scenario
Audio Agile high current amp(Germany) 50W driving Dynaudio Audience 52 Speakers.

Problem
When I increase the volume control say about 10 -11 o'clock onwards & if the track is bassy, only the left side of the speaker(woofer) comes out with a cracking noise.

Question
Why does it happend to only one side of the speaker? Could it be due to some power leakage from my extension cord or amp?
Pls advise what best to do.

Hope to receive a reply soon. Greatly appreciate yr help.
Thanks so much. See ya.

Anonymous
I just installed a pioneer deck and 2 kicker 10 comps with a kicker amp. I am not getting full power to speakers. Does someone know what may be the problem?

Hi guy with the kicker combo- this is a shot in the dark- look at your amps filter switch, and set it to the lower number- p.s. if you see round settings that are small and below the surface that need a screw driver to adjust them- do not adjust those, have an experienced person do that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us