Input on Envoys, Trailblazer, Explorers, Mountaineers...

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3007
My parents are looking to get me a new car and I'm looking at 02 up envoys/trailblazers/bravadas and 02 up explorers/mountaineers. I would be getting the v6/inline-6 engine, automatic transmissions, and 4wd's. My dad has always had gmc's and chevy's for his trucks and my mom's suv's and he might be reluctant to buy a ford.

can anyone tell me the reliability of any of these cars? I know my mom's envoy xl has never had any problems, but I have heard that the explorer/mountaineers have had tranny problems. I'd be looking at cars with about 50k miles with clear titles.

Any motorheads on here able to tell me anything good or bad about any of these cars. Don't hold back because I'd rather not pick out a car and have it break down a week later. My jeep has been extremely reliable but it just doesn't have the balls to tow my family's jetski's and it gets about 12 mpg.

Also, any input on the gas mileage of the cars above. My mom's envoy seems to get about 18/25 which I'd be ecstatic about.

Thanks alot, any input will help. Sorry it's off-topic but I've found when I really research purchases it pays off exponentially.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3422
I had an 03 Mounatineer and it ran fine for 120,000 miles before we sold it. My family has only owned ford or foreign cars tho... not too sure on the GMCs.

I will say the V6 AWD mountaineer has horrible pickup and takes forever to get moving, the V8 was 100x better.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 3010
what kinda mileage did you get with the v8? yea i drove my buddy's explorer and it wasn't too strong.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3423
Not very good... 14/17 maybe.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8941
V6s ftl..... Trailblazer SS FTW

That V6 is a good motor though, trailblazer/envoy is a good vehicle in general. Just not as much power as some people myself included would like.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 3012
yea haha, our old suburban had a 7.4L 454 v8 and that thing hauled azz but my dad isn't about to buy me anything with a v8 unfortunately.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8948
chevy 454 is a kickazz motor

Regardless of what you get though it must be nice to have parents buying you a car.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

Olney, IL US

Post Number: 977
"Trailblazer SS FTW" - thats no lie. we had one of those at the dealership i used to work at and i loved that suv. looks sharp as hell. though they may be a bit out of your parents budget for you.. lol.

i will say though that i worked in the garage at this dealership and trailblazers/envoys were one car you almost never saw in the shop, and if they were there it was always for an oil change or routine maintenance. i'd go with the envoy personally, just cause i think they're a little more sharp lookin than the trailblazer. denali maybe?

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 3013
yea the envoy is definitely classier IMO than the trailblazer, i really want the denali but idk if my dad is gonna buy me a denali when my mom's envoy isn't a denali, that'd be kinda a slap in the face to my mom i feel.i just want leather, a moonroof, and no bose, which I can get in the envoy slt, which is what i'm looking for

Bronze Member
Username: Wfbass

Stephenville, NL Canada

Post Number: 49
i also am looking for one of these vehical's. whats the best for a system? iam lookin at getting 2 more mx's and doin a 8 cube box.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 3014
no offense, but that's a question for a new thread

sorry to be an a hole
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us