Need new system asap. (insurance)

Bronze Member
Username: Resin3

Post Number: 53
Ok, so my car got broken into and they stole my sound system. Insurance is replacing it but the amp I had is discontinued and the subs I had were flea market bought. So basically they told me to build a system and run it by them and see what they can do.
*Not sure when my spending limit is but I'd say somewhere close to about 700. That's including the Subs (12' or 15') and 1 amplifier (preferably with atleast 1200 w/rms) and an enclosure.
Things to know-
-About 700$ spending limit
-Would like 2 12's or 2 15's
-Would like atleast 1200 rms wattage
-Not sure what car it's going into yet. But for refference let's just say into a 06 Monte Carlo.
-Looking for a between clearity and loudness. More loudness though.
-I have a stock head unit feeding into a Line-out-converter (boss)
-As for brands, don't care that much just something that can be ordered from a website or someplace with some contact information cause like I said my insurance needs to contact them to make purchases.

Anything else just post here, I appreciate it.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2812
buy an alarm first

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2110
Yup.

Step 1: $350 Viper install

Step 2: K now you have $350 left.

Step 3: Save.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
alright maybe you guys arent understanding... my insurance is paying for a new soun system.. not an alarm? if you dont have the proper information concerning the topic at hand then dont post please.

Bronze Member
Username: Wfbass

Stephenville, NL Canada

Post Number: 47
well maybe u should get a system from them and buy urself an alarm before u put ur system in, however long that may take. if someone from ur area is the one that stole it then there gonna hear u when u got a system back in and are prolly gonna try to get another from you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2813
im trying to tell u to smarten up similiar to what mr wayne felix told u up there ..

have them buy u a good alarm ... take the rest towards a system

oh and good luck having them pay for ur system ... seems alittle far fetched to me

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 2941
d@mn. my insurace wrote me a check for w/e I told them I had. No recipts or anything. I never had to show them anything.

Just BS and tell them you had something nice. Haha

Gold Member

Post Number: 2814
ur lucky capps ..

most insurance companies hate to pay their bills .. especially nowadays

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
Nah, I just told them I had some custom made subs and I gave them a price on them and then I sent them a pic of my amp and they narrowed it down. Well can anyone effin help me or is this where everyone slanders me on getting an alarm? And I'm sorry if you don't believe me Loudon, I belong to a premium insurance company.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
Can anyone help me?

I need an amp with atleast 1200 watts rms and 2 15' subs that will be compatible for it.

Ideas? Setups?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10868
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/528126.html

two rd audio sonance 12's for $235
and a rd audio 1000.1 for $225
and a alarm

Gold Member

Post Number: 2815
nobody is slandering u buddy

i work with insurance companies everyday and if u think im joking to just like at the 30 page long AR i list i have to work on everyday ...

insurance companies saying something will be paid and they dont

but seans suggestion is a very good choice

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1567
screw the alarm! an alarm aint gonna prevent your windows from being broken and getting your sh1t stolen, still happened to my friend. but your car prob wont get stolen tho.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 2951
wow. that was an ignorant statement. I had my truck broken into in my driveway... once the alarm was put in you could bear it over the TV at the other end of our house... seeing as me and my dad sleep with guns right bedise our bed, an alarm would help. I also know 3 guys who were at football games and got the page on the remote that their alarm was going off and before they got to the car, the guys were gone but nothing was stolen.
Marks post=fail

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1610
If you can get there before your gear is gone it pays for itself. Especially since most small timers will run if the alarm is loud.

And disengaging your starter will help prevent most theives from driving off with you car.

I have a 2-way alarm and it's very much worth it- I've been paged the warning that something bumped my car several times to run to my car with a my .45 ready to take someone down. Better than getting next to nothing from a crap insurance company.

Once also when I was in a store and some one hit my truck and tried to run.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
Well guys thanks for the somewhat help. But my insurance company said they would just cut me a check for 1200$ =] I'm just going to use 900 of that to pay for all the damage that I caused on the car plus the deductible. Then put the other 3 and some other cash to buyin a work car that I probably need more than a sound system right now. Thanks again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us