Hifonics BXI2008D on 4 Gauge ???

Bronze Member
Username: Type94

Kitchener , Ontario Canada

Post Number: 68
So i just bought a Hifonics BXI2008D amp and i need to know if my 4 gauge stinger wiring will do good . I have a 1999 E39 120 Amp Alternator and im about to add a new battery soon. This guy at the car audio said that it wont be a problem for my electrical because my alternator is giving 14.4 volts , that time i had a Crunch GP2500D at 1250 RMS. He showed me using the volt meter and back then i had a old battery. Now i want to know that im using this amp for 2 Kicker L7 12's and im going to be wiring them down to 1 ohm . Custom Ported Enclosure i dont know what frequency i should get it tuned to and the guy is charging me 400$ for the box that's the best deal i could find around my area. Now i asked him if he can tune the box to 36 hertz and he said where did u get that number from ???

So i dont know what to tell him or how man hertz should he tune it to. By the way is this setup good ? and what about the fuse's on the amp there aren't any ???

My trunk is not that big by the way the car looks big but the trunk is not that big. I also got a hole cut in the middle because of the Heatsink and its abot 1 feet Long and 6" Wide , thats the most i could do. lol

Any help will be appreciated !

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8922
That guy has no idea what he talkin about.....

But as far as the wire goes 2 gauge or 0 gauge

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1679
4 is undersized for the 2008. It would even be a little small for the 1608.

36 sounds ok to me. Kicker's specs indicate 42 or so.
If you went closer to their recommendation I think you'd have a lot of boomyness (if that's a word) in the 40's, but you would roll off quick in the 30's. If you want to be loud use their design. If you're willing to sacrifice a little SPL for more consistency across the sub spectrum 36 is probably about right.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14361
i agree with 2g or 0g

just look at the kicker site - they rec some hugh boxes for their subs so i hope u have the space ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
Yea u guys are right , i was saying the same thing in my head about the wires. Another thing is that will my amp be good on my stock 120 amp alt ? And what about the fuses on this Hifonics amp ?

I asked this one guy he said his 0 gauge wire is 8 Bucks a foot and i dont need a power kit because my battery is in the trunk, is he right ???

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8929
That guy is a f*cking idiot if he paid that much for wire lmfao

Paul Larrea on here sells 2 gauge for mad cheap.

Or you can get 0 gauge here 1.75/ft

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KLMX0BL

If the battery is in back you just need enough wire to run power and ground from battery to amp. But you still need RCAs and remote wire.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
See the problem is i need the wires before Friday night. Now if u tell me how much they really cost then i can negotiate with him. If not then ill call and ask some other places. And i was thinking if i can use the rca's and remote from my old 4 G wiring ?

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1683
rca and remote from another installation is fine.

http://knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KLMX0BL

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1684
that $1.75 stuff is actually cheating a little bit because it's made up mostly of Aluminum which makes it quite a bit cheaper than the standard copper stuff.

To compare copper to copper Knu is $2.99 for clear PVC or $3.40 if you want the black, blue, or red Fleks cable.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18905
"Paul Larrea on here sells 2 gauge for mad cheap. "

Yes I do. Mad crazy jumping out the window prices but my last length of 2ga was given away recently. Few bucks over shipping really. I'm all out of 2ga.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18906
I'm THAT fucked up in the head.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2088
For that price on a box I would get a hold of http://www.fishercustoms.com/.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us