What Kind Of AMP!?!?!

Username: Renegade9

Post Number: 1
Okay, so I have two subs Both are Rokford Fosgates. They are both the 10in PUNCH hE, 8 ohms (per sub), 400 Watts Peak (200rms) I have had these for a long time and my current system just got "jacked" so I was going to put this in, but instead of a small eclipse its going into a Jeep. I must know! WHAT KIND OF AMP SHALL I NEED FOR MAXIMUM SOUND QUALITY ALL AROUND!!!!!?????

Post Number: 2
And I MUST add..... I'm not to sure about the statistics on these subs, i've looked everywhere the model number is RFP3810. The back of the subs say 8 ohm. 2" voice coil (don't konw if dual or not) and 400 Watts peak!

Silver Member
Username: Igor_xxx

Post Number: 101
First tell us your budget for an amp, then the guys here will tell you what are your options

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
And if you have RFP3810 then it's a SVC 8ohm sub and you need 4ohm stable amp, but here you got some way more experienced guys than me and they can tell you what to do.

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
http://194.204.29.93/rockford/Real%20Bass%202003/Docs/05-Woofer%20Specs/047.jpg

Tech specs for the sub

Post Number: 3
Thankyou for the website! I have looked up so many of these models that people have and it says dual voicecoil.... yet I didnt think it was. But my price range is up to... 150 or 200$

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1662
The best option IMO would be a 2 ch that bridges to 400-500w at 4 ohms.

You could go as cheap as Profile or Hifonics for around $100 or Zapco or Audison for several hundred.

These both look like good buys to me

Pioneer Premier: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9355_Pioneer+Premier+PRS-D2100T.html

Phoenix Gold Xenon:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2741_Phoenix+Gold+Xenon+X200.2.html

Post Number: 4
Granted I will probably find one on ebay.... so really just what would be the best factors for best performance.

Post Number: 5
I was under the impression that bridging would change the ohm independence on my subs? with 8 ohm subs bridged into a 4 ohm amp be okay... keep in mind this is going in an SUV so mass power is needed.. Should I bridge in a parellel circuit manor?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10776
Here you go. The perfect amp with flexibility. Kicker sx 400.2. 173.90 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-SX400-2-CAR-AUDIO-2CH-AMP-AMPLIFIER-800W-NEW_W0QQitem Z310096504421QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Amplifiers?hash=item310096504421&_trksid=p32 86.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A15|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1663
nothing changes the impedance of your subs, but by connecting them in certain ways you can change the impedance seen by your amp.

Yes - you'd bridge the amp and wire the subs parallel -- the amp will see 4 ohms.

The two biggest factors for the best performance are the right enclosure, and plenty of power.

Here's a winner:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ROCKFORD-FOSGATE-P550-2-1500w-CAR-AMPLIFIER-PUNCH-AMP_W0QQit emZ120320865112QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Amplifiers?hash=item120320865112&_trksid=p 3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1420%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

here's that PG - this is a NICE amp:
http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-X200-2-XENON-2-CHANNEL-CAR-STEREO-AMP-NEW_W0QQi temZ290271872217QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Amplifiers?hash=item290271872217&_trksid= p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10783
The sx line for kicker is there top of the line and they have features the rockford and pg xenon dont have and im saying this being a pg xenon 400.1 owner. The rockford has the advantage power wise but not compared to the kickers extra features. Thats where youll make up the difference and with better sq because of it.

"The 04' Kicker SX400.2 two channel amplifier will complete your system with a look no one else will have. This amp can put out an amazing 800 (peak) (400 rms) watts of power but that is only the beginning. The whole SX series features a digital signal processor that will allow you to tweak this amp precisely how you need it to get the best sound from your system!"

http://www.kicker.com/06/tech-suppor...oAmpMANUAL.PDF

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1664
Sean - you must be on kicker's payroll.

How you figure you'll get "SQ" simply because an amp has a difficult to use electronic control feature doesn't make any sense at all. The SX amps were so great kicker kept them around for all of ONE year.

I'd avoid that goofy thing like the plague - which must be what everyone else did considering the short life of the SX line.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10794
I didnt ask to be judged by you nor do I deserve to be. Just because I have a difference of opinion than you is no reason to be upset.

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1666
WTF??
Everything you post on a forum will be judged, and when "opinion" can be factually disproven it's not an opinion. It's just inaccurate.

Digitally operated crossovers don't improve SQ - that was the point of my response.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1305
sean is right! the sx line of kickers amps is just plain sick. they have anything and everything to tailor your sound. i woud definately go with the kicker over the RF

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1560
X3.. I would not be scared to use most Keeker amps.. Especially SX's. Definately better than Lanzar.lol

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1561
i would look into better subs asap as well.

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1667
I have no problem with any of kicker's amps, but for the 3rd time since it seems the assisted living facility had open internet time over the weekend...digital crossovers will not improve sq.

And Mark, I don't know if you're just trying to irritate me, you're ignorant, or just stupid, but the Zed Optidrives I nicknamed myself for are higher quality amps than most of what's currently on the market, or has been in recent years.
If you're going to run your mouth you should do some homework.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10825
Optidriven "Everything you post on a forum will be judged"

The way your giving your so called opinion sure seems like rudeness and arrogance.

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1671
I apologize for the facts getting in the way of your opinion. I should be ashamed...

whatever dude.

let it go already.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10827
Get over yourself.

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1672
as hard as i try i just can't seem to make it happen
« Previous Thread Next Thread »