HT sub

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 2481
So im selling my 18" AA Avalanche becuase i just dont have enough space in my room for the box.

I an looking to get a 10" or 12" sub after the avalanche is sold. I think it would be cool to get a 10 or 12" avalanche if i could find one, but opinions?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10769
Get one that can go sealed so you can hit those low notes since some movies hit down to 10 hz.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2482
you think a sealed box rather then ported around 18-22hz

Gold Member

Post Number: 2483
cuz my 18" ava was in a 24hz ported box, and it murdered the lows. made stuff fall of shelfs in the whole house lol

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4708
It is hard to beat the SS RL-S for HT use... like Sean said, in a sealed box. The issues are that they are expensive and require a huge box and alot of clean power. High-powered plate amps are not cheap. For a budget system that will still slam, the Diamond 3 series subs work great (for whatever reason) in HT subs. They were used in the Von Schweikert VRS/1 mini-sub which got stellar reviews. An added advantage is they only need 300-500RMS to get loud and they work in a much smaller box. HT is a completely different beast than car audio. The room size allows the bass waves to expand and you don't need mega power to shake the house. Paul knows this very well.

Upload
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18812
"The room size allows the bass waves to expand and you don't need mega power to shake the house. Paul knows this very well. "

You bet I do. Room acoustics play a big role also as well as sub placement. Depending on the room's decor you may need bass traps. A home is indeed a different animal than inside a car.

I'm so crazy about the feeling of bass in my movies/music I more than once considered an IB in my home. I just can't imagine topping that. Can you imagine using the entire room/house as part of the design/enclosure? Amazing.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10771
Ive seen sonotube setups online that supposedly were capable of 130 db. One hundred and thirty db in a house is a incredible feat and has to seem very loud.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us