Parking sensor??????????

Bronze Member
Username: Dan_white

Post Number: 91
I have a Kenwood DNX5120 and when i try to play a damn dvd it plays the audio but when i select dvd it doesnt show anything but a blue screen that says 'parking off'.

I've read something about connecting a parking sensor but im reading the kenwood manual and it doesnt say anything about it. Help please ive searched the entire internet and i guess no ones had this problem??

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8859
Usually with those DVD units you have to ground the wire thats supposed to connect to the ebrake so it thinks the brakes always on and will play the video.......

Now some of them suck and have a thing where you have cycle the brake on/off a few times..... them you have to ground it and wire a switch inline.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4705
Issue: Safe Mode: Safe Mode disables all navigation system functions when the vehicle's parking break is disengaged, that require significant operator attention and could become a distraction while driving.

Fix: "There is a green wire for the parking brake, and that wire is what needs to be connected to the parking brake so the deck realizes when your parked and brake is activated.

All the brake is, is a ground.

Take that wire and connect it to your ground (your wiring harness will connect to your new wires from the deck take both your black and green (parking brake wire) and connect both to your single ground from your factory wiring and your up and running."

No offense, but that literally took me twenty seconds to find...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
Brad thats the whole "I cant find my keys!!" and someone comes and looks and fines them under a shirt thing.... lol but thank you i really could not find anything trying all key words.

So, let me get this straight, there should be a ground wire from the factory wiring? If im not mistaken the only wires comming from my ford is the antenna and wiring harness...

Im going to go check now, but if there is no wire would it be possible to just connect this wire to the chasis?

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8861
The green wire is coming from the radio not the car.

Ground it to the black ground wire, use a t-tap or something and you're good to go.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
Hehhey!!! Vuala! Eureeka!! Golden thank you sir im in business now. Highly appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Timbuc

Post Number: 23
How about Alpine's IVA D106?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2721
^ google?

it's not like that's what we'd use or anything...

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1417
i have the same unit i grouded out the wire and it works great

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1706
my unit now i just splice the green parking wire to the ground wire and works good. i use this blue connector thing.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8894
I never understood why people keep posting on these threads where the OP's probably was resolved already...... and just repeat things already been said
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us