Fi Q 15 question

Bronze Member
Username: Dan_white

Post Number: 89
Been runnin it for about 2-3 days now in my roughly 1.75-2cuft box with a pound of polyfill. The low's hurt my ears and shake the whole damn truck. Low's im guessin in lows 30's mid 30's? Dont have a frequency test cd as i cant make cd's anymore...but....

the notes a bit higher in rap songs dont hit as hard as the SX did. I realize that may just be the way it is but thats the only thing Im unhappy with in the Q. Sounds great and I know its not broken in... was just wondering if somethin else might help or if this is usually the case with the Q. Maybe tampering with the LPF?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2715
no, everything is fine. Q's don't really like the highs, from experience with mine at least... i'm assuming you have it in a sealed box, which is the best your going to get on higher note output.

if you want to fill that gap i'd suggest finding a small 8-10" sub that takes 2-400wrms and run that as well. good powered components/6x9's in an enclosure may also do the trick

Bronze Member
Username: Dan_white

Post Number: 90
i see. and running another sub would cause cancelation if im not mistaken and im pretty sure im not. ive yet to install my components.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2717
correct, assuming you run that sub in the same frequency range, which you wouldn't be. the components will make a noticeable difference
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us