Batery descisions

Bronze Member
Username: Lil_justin850

Justin smith, crestview, Fl Okalossa

Post Number: 19
well im getting my 200 amp alt here in a coulple days and im ready to get some batteries i think so hers what ive come up with yellow top up front hc2400 in the back or two yellow tops or finally two hc2400s i think that the hcs are better but on a practicality/ expenses rout what do you guys think about it i just want to be able to handle a zx2500.1 and my zx650.4 with the ac on hopefully thanks

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 2479
im running a P3000.1 (rated at 3000rms) ive got a 220 amp alt, stock battery in the front and a hc2400 in the back. my voltage never goes under 12.5 volts

Gold Member

Post Number: 2480
i say deffinitly the hc2400 in the back they are great betterys.

then a hc1400 under the hood

Bronze Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 56
^^^Agreed. I run two of the 2400s and love them.

Also Odyssey and Powermaster make great batteries as well.

http://www.odysseybatteries.com/

http://www.powermastermotorsports.com/mobile_audio.html

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8840
Yellow tops suck..... any of those batteries will be better

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1727
"Yellow tops suck..... "
actually i did a ahead to head test with a yellow top and a kinetik1800. very close in size but on a burp the yellow top outperformed the kinetik. the kinetik will recharrge faster though.
so for strtaight spl yellow top
daily pounding kinetik. make sure you run the same batt up front and in back.

wicked bass is right both of those batts are very good also. i actually prefer northstar batterys.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10755
Northstar is a very good battery.

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 485
im going to be running approx 2700 watts rms, will my one kinetik hc2400 and the big3 be alright until i get a ho alt?

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1577
just set the gains less until you get the alt then set the gains at your 2700 watts.

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1732
if you dont hammer it for long periods of time you should be ok but it is going to stress the alt.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14328
i have never heard anybody say yellow tops sux ....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
well im just tired of voltage drops i khow what it does to amps im just trying to do this right i think i can get two yellow tops were i live at oreileys for 200 apiece i just dont know how long they have been sitting there i can also get hc2400s for 270+ like 50 bucks shipping on amazon ive also heard good things about d3100 but there real pricey arent they i know that with 3000+ rms you cant skimp on anything so thanks all

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8857
Must not read my posts.... cause I've said it like 1000 times

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10767
Northstar has better batteries than powermaster.

nsb 90 is 287.75

http://cell-phone-accessories-wholesale.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=18034

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4707
Sealed lead batteries have been around since the late 60's/early 70's when Gates made them for commercial use, but Optima designed the Spiral Cell technology for automobile use in the 80's.

And while I agree that they don't seem to be as good as years ago... very few successful products are... to say they "suck" is a bit of an overstatement.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2484
theres some hc2400's floating around ca.com you can get one for a good price. i bought mine for 250 shipped bout a year and a half ago. it was only used for 1 month in a comp car.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8868
Well I guess they don't "suck" all together. But for car audio purposes they don't stack up to odyssey, kenitik, etc.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10770
Two northstar batteries will impress you. My brother ran 7000 watts for 30 seconds using a northstar nsb 90 and a kinetic 1800 under the hood but you sound like you have the room to run two northstars only drawback is they are 83 pounds each.

ps....Dont run a kinetic and a nsb 90 together for daily they arent really made to run together.

Gold Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 1006
Id save my money and buy this. http://cgi.ebay.com/Hooked-on-Phonics-Learn-to-Read-K-3-ages-4-8_W0QQitemZ260309 159445QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item260309159445&_trksid=p3286. c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1420%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4727
Renegade is back and dishing out the truth! What up Les lol.

Although... these days it's probably called "Hooked On Phizzonics".

Gold Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 1008
Should i just laugh at that or just wait for the racist police to let me know if i can?

Sup man? Sick of all the political threads so i felt like stirring the collective pots for amusements purposes only. :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
well if i think im just gonna get 3 yellow tops cause ive heard that more decent batteries are better than one badass one plus i jut like being able to go and by them and not worry about sipping

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10795
Three of those should do just fine.

Gold Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 1010
Optimas are junk IMO.

Think Kinetik, or Audio Force, or any of the numerous batteries rebadged under different names by the same original distributor.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us